how to move out a person NOT a head of household

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
forresthickman

how to move out a person NOT a head of household

Post by forresthickman »

i am showing a sister (an older lady) who is part of a household (she isn't listed as her own head of household)... i need to move her records to a new ward, but when i go to move her records out and type her name in the search, she doesn't come up at all.

thanks for any help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: how to move out a person NOT a head of household

Post by russellhltn »

Does she show up in the ward directory?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If her name does not appear when you type her name, just open the Member List and click on her name there.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
forresthickman

Post by forresthickman »

when i do a search on the directory on LDS.org , she doesn't show up, but she will under her husbands name under FAMILY. the problem is, they are divorced, but living together, and she is not listed as his last name, but her maiden name only. when i try to pull her maiden name up (or any of her names), the search comes up empty.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If she appears in the directory, and she is a member, then she will appear in LCR on the Member List. If she is still living in your ward, you can change her to a Head of Household. If she does not live in your ward, then you can move her record only to the new ward. While you are at it, you could record the divorce, and change her preferred name if necessary.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

forresthickman wrote:she doesn't show up, but she will under her husbands name under FAMILY.
I would suggest that 1) you don't have her record, and 2) her divorce hasn't been processed. Assuming the divorce is final, I would process it.

This seems to be falling into a common issue that some clerks have - getting confused by the "genological" links on indivdual membership recordins and thinking that means they have that person's records. The "genological" section can list people who are living elswhere - and may not be living at all.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”