Select Country

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
krandal6

Select Country

Post by krandal6 »

I am trying to change some contact information on my account settings, but when I try to change anything it asks me to select country. it won't give me an option or section to select a country so it won't let me do anything until that country is selected. I am happy to submit a country but it won't Give me a section to submit the country.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Select Country

Post by russellhltn »

Where are you trying to change it? If you're trying to change your mobile phone number, there's a list in ldsaccount.lds.org, "Contact Settings" tab where you can set the country of your phone number.

Your country, as in where you are, is determined by your address. You'll have to get with your ward membership clerk to change that. And even then, he might have to call support to fix it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pulledc

Post by pulledc »

i am having this same issue. it will not allow me to even access any of my account settings. It says I must select my country first. The word "country" appears in red on the Personal Settings page, but there is no drop down available to select a country from.
richardsa

Post by richardsa »

Well, this makes three of us! Somehow my email address was deleted from lds.org, so when I log in and go to settings, I can't access the email setting tab because I am in the "select country" loop and the website will not allow me beyond that point.

Any suggestions? Would love to be able to pay tithing on-line again (which you cannot do w/out an email address)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

richardsa wrote:Any suggestions? Would love to be able to pay tithing on-line again (which you cannot do w/out an email address)
Try adding your individial address via the Directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

There is a BUG on the ldsaccount personal information page (https://ldsaccount.lds.org/personalInformation).
"Country" is now a REQUIRED field, but there is no entry field, or drop-down list.
There is no Feedback button on that page.
ckeers

Post by ckeers »

I have had the same issue for a week now and can confirm this is a software bug of some kind.

My Testing
I have tested the site on multiple computers with Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome as well as on the latest version of Android with Chrome for Android. I have even verified my Membership record on the clerks computer in my local ward with the Stake Executive Secretary. All my information is correct and I have access to LCR and all other portions of lds.org including CDOL.

The only thing I can point to that I have done to trigger this bug is opt-out of all cookies except for the absolutely neccessary ones becasue I now routinly get this message in the console on church sites:
AT: [getOffer()] request failed {status: "error", error: "disabled due to optout"}
AT: Rendering mbox failed target-global-mbox error disabled due to optout
When loading the https://ldsaccount.lds.org/personalInformation page which you get sent to when the login continues to fail on https://store.lds.org by clicking the Having Problems Singing In link this error will display in the console:
Uncaught ReferenceError: mboxAppendSession is not defined
Which means the code used to run the whole page, specifically the form and links in it, has hit an error and will no longer work. This leads me to being locked out of changing my account information on https://ldsaccount.lds.org/personalInformation which in turn means I can never login to https://store.lds.org as long as this error (bug) exists.

You can through developer tools force the form to display the country selection but since the form already registered an error it will not submit correctly still leaving me stuck.

My Suggestion
This is 100% a bug of some kind. Please feel free to link to this post to help church IT get this fixed.
cu56030sdh

Post by cu56030sdh »

I am having the same problem. When I try to update my information or change my password, I get a message that I must enter my country. There is no place to enter a country, though country is highlighted in red. Can someone in tech please address this.

I have been changing my password every month for many years now and all of a sudden I am unable to do so. Please fix this!
mattasplund

Post by mattasplund »

Has this been resolved? I have had the problem for a while now, nothing seems to fix it. I have been made ward clerk, so I would like to change to a more secure password, but I cannot edit anything about my account without changing the country, but I cannot do that because the field is read-only
larseneric

Post by larseneric »

The country field on the Personal Information tab at https://ldsaccount.lds.org/personalInformation is required. It now (looking at the other comments) has a list of countries to choose from. When I select "United States" and click on save, I receive an error message: "This workforce field is read-only." It won't let me save the form.

Return to “Church Account”