Ministering assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Ministering assignments

Post by lajackson »

wynnrichards wrote:metrics
I personally believe this will be one of the brilliant keys to the new program. There is only one metric. Did a member of my quorum presidency have an interview with me during the quarter.

I may have been asked to watch over two dozen families and not contacted a single one of them. But if the presidency visits with me the metric is met. There should be additional discussion during the interview, but it becomes discussion about individuals and families, and not about measuring embarrassing performance.

True ministering, of course, is much more than that. Though somehow I feel that there will be some benefit in not having to figure out what to do with quorum members who have been home teaching a family that moved out six months ago.
ritterfamily

Post by ritterfamily »

I just was prompted to sync my android version of LDS Tools. I am a YM prez.

I can no longer see who ministers to my family nor who my companion and I minister too.

I also do not see any ministering assignments for any male or female in our Ward.

I used to be able to see mine and any others, on LDS Tools.

Did an update remove all access to anyone?

Thanks!

Steve
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ritterfamily wrote:I just was prompted to sync my android version of LDS Tools. I am a YM prez.

I can no longer see who ministers to my family nor who my companion and I minister too.

I also do not see any ministering assignments for any male or female in our Ward.

I used to be able to see mine and any others, on LDS Tools.

Did an update remove all access to anyone?
What version of LDS Tools are you running? Make sure you update to the latest, which was just released yesterday.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If you're not using the latest version of LDS Tools, you will not see ministering information. The data structures have changed quite a bit and the old version doesn't know what to do what the new data.

I remember reading something about new wine and old bottles somewhere.... :)
proud2b4family

Post by proud2b4family »

My son is having a different problem. His Android device no longer shows the Ministering tab at all (it used to). He is having to rely on us or others to look up the contact information for him. He uses his device heavily for looking up information. I’m putting the info into the contacts on his phone for him, but what if he has a change in ministering assignment and I’m not around? I guess he can go to his EQ president, but it seems more convenient to allow him to look it up himself. Especially if he needs to contact one of his ministering families quickly in an emergency.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

proud2b4family wrote:My son is having a different problem. His Android device no longer shows the Ministering tab at all (it used to).
See this post. What he was seeing wasn't real Ministering, but HT/VT with lipstick. That's been turned off. He needs to update to LDS Tools 3.5 to see the new/real Ministering. His phone will have to be on Android 5 or later to get it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
proud2b4family

Post by proud2b4family »

He has Android 7.0 and LDS Tools 3.5. But the problem still persists.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

proud2b4family wrote:He has Android 7.0 and LDS Tools 3.5. But the problem still persists.
He should send feedback from within the app. Feedback from within the app will go to the developers whereas posts here likely will never make it to them. It looks like there are a few unanticipated bugs in 3.5 with some users and feedback will help the developers nail it down.
TB1234

Post by TB1234 »

How do I look up to see who I am assigned for the ministering program?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TB1234 wrote:How do I look up to see who I am assigned for the ministering program?
Currently, that can only be done in LDS Tools, version 3.5. That requires Android 5 or iOS 10 or higher.

Otherwise, you'll have to get that assignment when you have the interview with the leaders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”