Mass import scripture chains?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
dehurt

Mass import scripture chains?

Post by dehurt »

I've looked through the forum for "import", "API", etc., and I think the current answer is "no", but I'm wondering if there is a way to do a mass import of my years of notes, scripture chains, etc.

I think that it would be easier to type in my notes and references and then slurp it in instead of manually hitting each reference, typing my notes, linking it to other scriptures, and then moving on to the next one. I have thousands of highlights!

I know that there is an XML export (for "backup"), but is there an import?

Any insight?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Mass import scripture chains?

Post by sbradshaw »

No, there is currently no way to bulk import notes or annotations.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dehurt

Post by dehurt »

I wonder if a robotic process automation (RPA) solution might work for mass import of scripture annotations and chains...
palmermike

Post by palmermike »

dehurt wrote:I wonder if a robotic process automation (RPA) solution might work for mass import of scripture annotations and chains...
I think this is a great idea - I am currently working with UI Path, and it would be pretty simple to extract and re-import using an online Form/UI of some kind.

Mike Palmer.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”