My Temple listed on LDS Tools

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
ms8dynes

My Temple listed on LDS Tools

Post by ms8dynes »

When I go into my personal information on lds.org it shows My Temple as Houston Texas which is correct. But my phone and iPad show Salt Lake City as my temple. I turned my phone and iPad off and it still was incorrect. I did a sync on both and they still show Salt Lake City as my temple. Why?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: My Temple listed on LDS Tools

Post by sbradshaw »

Are both devices and LDS.org signed into the same LDS Account?
Did you recently move?
Also, does the Houston Texas Temple show up in the complete list of temples in LDS Tools?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
michaelgregorydavis

Post by michaelgregorydavis »

Since I do not see a reply to this, I thought I would bump it because I am seeing the same issue on my iOS devices (my android device does show it correctly). All devices and lds.org are signed in to the same LDS account.
I have not moved in years, and previously know that the app showed my temple correctly (my correct temple is Memphis Tennessee).
The Memphis temple is listed in the "All Temples" list, but not in the "nearest temples" list.

Is anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions for a fix?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

michaelgregorydavis wrote:I am seeing the same issue on my iOS devices (my android device does show it correctly). All devices and lds.org are signed in to the same LDS account.
I'd state that using the in-app feedback on iOS so that information gets to the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelgregorydavis

Thanks for the response. I have done that and hopefully I will hear from them soon.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

michaelgregorydavis wrote:Thanks for the response. I have done that and hopefully I will hear from them soon.
For management of expectations: You may not hear from them, but don't construe "no reply" as "not seeing your feedback." The development team is very small and has a high workload. I have read from others in the forum (closer to the activity than I am) that every feedback is forwarded to those within the church who have the ability to set priorities for the programmers, but the feedback volume often prevents individualized responses.
michaelgregorydavis

I wanted to follow up as I have heard back from the developers. I was informed of the following:

"This is a known issue and it is being addressed. Hopefully it will be corrected in one of the next releases."

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”