My Account - Notes Not Saving

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
byumikec

My Account - Notes Not Saving

Post by byumikec »

I am having trouble when I edit "Notes" in my Gospel notebook they will not save. After I edit the note which is attached to a scripture the note will not save on my PC. It works just fine in Gospel Library on the tablet. The icon just spins when I click save.
aperipoli

Re: My Account - Notes Not Saving

Post by aperipoli »

I know this isn't necessarily a help, but I wanted to add in my two cents worth. I am having the exact same issue. I was looking at some notes that I had made in the past and had some more thoughts on them, so I decided to edit the note with a date written in manually, and whenever I tried to click save, it would just spin. I was just trying from my computer because it was a long note. However, I even then tried just adding the word "TEST" underneath and it still wouldn't save. I also tried simply re-naming the note and trying to save which also did not work. However, when I changed the type of highlighting to a different type, that seemed to save easily and quickly. Any ideas you amazing tech people?

Thanks,
t22hawk

Post by t22hawk »

My Notes have all gone from being assigned to notebooks to now having 657 unassigned notes.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you using the old LDS.org study tools (https://www.lds.org/study-tools?lang=eng), the new LDS.org study tools (https://www.lds.org/notes?lang=eng), or the Gospel Library app for Windows 10?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
JudithKVermilion

Post by JudithKVermilion »

I am 76. I can still operate my programs, but when something goes wrong, I am at a loss. I couldn't save a scripture, and it has been happening for quite a while.

I use Google for everything, but today I decided to change to Microsoft, and run an update. I did so, and was able to save a scripture .

I think I'll celebrate. There is a salty caramel chocolate blizzard with my name on it @ DQ.

I hope this this is of benefit to others.
Jacobanthony

Post by Jacobanthony »

I can't seem to save anything in my Notes section. I input the information, but there's not a place to save and then add another one. Once I put information in one note, I get the "All changes saved", but how do I move on and add another note?

Thanks
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Jacobanthony wrote:I can't seem to save anything in my Notes section. I input the information, but there's not a place to save and then add another one. Once I put information in one note, I get the "All changes saved", but how do I move on and add another note?
Notes at Notes.LDS.org save automatically as you move from one text field to another, or navigate to a different part of the page.

To create a new note, you need to be inside a notebook or on a chapter with selected text. If you are at Notes.LDS.org, click on the Notebook icon (looks like a book with a ribbon hanging out of it, third from the left towards the top of the left column). Then click on one of the notebooks in the list (or create a new notebook with the "+" button). Finally, click the pencil/square icon to create a new note inside that notebook.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wardorganist

Post by wardorganist »

I have been unerlining my scriptures and writing notes on each chapter for 4 years, and now suddenly after doing this on several chapters I have discovered that it did not save on the desktop version, and it is not syncing between devices anymore. What could be wrong? I have signed out and signed in with the correct user ID and password on all of my devices and restarted them as well.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”