Export Custom Reports in LCR to comma delimited file

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aplucinik

Re: Export Custom Reports in LCR to comma delimited file

Post by aplucinik »

Yes. I'm assuming you are in the "Create a Report" section of the LCR and not the old MLS. Simply generate the report then click on the PRINT icon then select portrait or landscape orientation then click on the PRINT icon below those choices. A PDF document will appear on the screen. In Microsoft EDGE left click anywhere on the screen for options including SAVE AS. Save it as a PDF document. In Firefox browser you'll see a ribbon at the top of the browser display with choices including a DOWNLOAD option. Download / Save it as a PDF document. It will be similar steps with Google Chrome browser.
Allan Plucinik
Stake Clerk
Colorado Springs, CO
veehb

Post by veehb »

Allan,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am working in LCR and it works just as you suggested. I was able to save the reports I've generated and just emailed them to the stake presidency. I hadn't noticed the little box for generating a PDF file. It was easy to save and email. I was afraid that if I proceeded it would go to my printer and print a very large file.

One more question you may be able to answer. Is there a way for me as an stake executive secretary generate separate reports for each ward? I can sort the report by ward and it organizes it by wards, but I'd like to be able to generate a separate report for each ward. Haven't tried very hard yet, but don't see a way to do that. Might be in the data selection menu. I can probably select a specific ward there and have the report be data from only that ward.
veehb

Post by veehb »

Alan,

I tried it and yes I can generate a report for each ward, but selecting Unit as one of the search parameters. Took a while to find that as I was looking for ward, unit is a better search parameter.

Vee Butterfield
Stake Executive Secretary
Taylorsville, Utah
aplucinik

Post by aplucinik »

Yeah, you'll have to create separate reports for each ward by specifying a specific ward in your search criteria. You only need to create one report but modify which ward is specified each time you run it.
Allan Plucinik
Stake Clerk
Colorado Springs, CO
veehb

Post by veehb »

Yes that works. I just tried it.
davehilliard

Post by davehilliard »

I miss the days of custom reports that convert to CSV files, but understand the Church's desire to keep reports and data more controlled and secure. I did find that those with permissions to create a report (custom report) can then convert the PDF to excel if they have an Acrobat subscription that allows for that.. just over $129 per year, but my company pays for and allows me to utilize that. Once set up, it's fast and easy.
caillines

Post by caillines »

davehilliard wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:30 am I miss the days of custom reports that convert to CSV files, but understand the Church's desire to keep reports and data more controlled and secure. I did find that those with permissions to create a report (custom report) can then convert the PDF to excel if they have an Acrobat subscription that allows for that.. just over $129 per year, but my company pays for and allows me to utilize that. Once set up, it's fast and easy.
Once you've generated a custom report, change the bit of the url that says "pdf=true" to "pdf=false" and you'll get a text report. It's not ideal, in that anything with multiple lines (address, household members etc) breaks the formatting, but for simple things it works well.
davehilliard

Post by davehilliard »

Thanks for the info, I'll try that. I appreciate everyone's info here, very helpful.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”