Confidential Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
harrisond

Confidential Record

Post by harrisond »

My Bishop told me there is a way to keep a membership record confidential. A young lady moved in recently who is in need of a temple recommend but I have been instructed to make her record only visible to the Bishop and Stake President.

I have her membership record number and all the normal information I need to bring her into the ward, just not the knowledge on how to make her record invisible.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Confidential Record

Post by russellhltn »

You can set her contact information to be invisible to most of the ward, but not to the ward council. To do that, go to the directory in lds.org.

To make it invisible to all but the bishop and stake president is not something I've heard about. You can try and contact support to see if there is such a thing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When you select any family in the directory on lds.org, you see a link above the family that reads, "Learn More about Visibility Settings".
That links you to the Help Center article "Editing Your Profile" here: https://www.lds.org/help/support/editing-your-profile

Note the second paragraph:
If your profile is "Private - Leadership only", only ward and stake leaders can see the information. Other ward members may be confused because they cannot see it. Additionally, if your household profile is "Private - Leadership only", you and any member of your household cannot be added to any roles in the calendar.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Most likely something like this will need to be done by the Bishop calling into CHQ.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
daniel.scheer31@gmail.com

Post by daniel.scheer31@gmail.com »

Is it possible to retrieve a confidential correspondence that was sent to the First Presidency for review but is no longer showing in the queue ?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

daniel.scheer31@gmail.com wrote:Is it possible to retrieve a confidential correspondence that was sent to the First Presidency for review but is no longer showing in the queue ?
I believe once it is sent, it is sent. I think your only hope would be to be the stake president and have an exceptionally good reason to give the First Presidency when you call.
daniel.scheer31@gmail.com

Post by daniel.scheer31@gmail.com »

I placed a call to the confidential records department and they were able send the file back to us very quickly. Not really a big deal. Needed to provide a a reason, which we did, and the record was pulled and electronically sent to us within 5 minutes.
graves44

Post by graves44 »

My son had his records removed sometime around 2002.
I have had a very strong feeling of needing to get him put back on the records of the church knowing if it can be done he can still accept or reject it.
His full name is [removed]
Passed away January 8, 2022.
[details removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

graves44 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:19 am I have had a very strong feeling of needing to get him put back on the records of the church
Sorry for your loss. But since he has passed away, the only thing that can be done is work for the dead. General Handbook 28.3.5 indicates that First Presidency approval is required. "A family member may seek this approval in a letter to the Office of the First Presidency after one year has passed since the person’s death. The letter should explain the circumstances." Your bishop may assist as needed.

Please note, the forum is not a way to reach the First Presidency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”