No Endowment and Sealing

La.Cuisinier.Diabetique

No Endowment and Sealing

Post by La.Cuisinier.Diabetique »

My non-member Father, who passed away, has all his ordinances completed... less being Sealed to my Mother.

My non-member Mother, who passed away, has all her ordinances completed... less her Endowment and being Sealed to my Father.

I have in my hand a ordinance paper that shows "Sealing to Spouse" within a box that is located at the bottom left corner of said ordinance paper.

So help me out here....

How can they be Sealed if Mom hasn't been Endowed... or can they?

As the grocery check out line, pulp info cover is titled... "Inquiring Minds Want To Know"!
davesudweeks

Re: No Endowment and Sealing

Post by davesudweeks »

Note - my answer is not an official church response:

My wife asked a similar question of our Temple President who told her that the ordinances should be done in order, but if they are not they are simply "on hold" until the prior ordinances are completed. They don't have to be redone just because they may have been done out of order. I have run across a number of ancestors who were sealed only. The records were created by Family Search in 2012 with no sources attached (perhaps they couldn't attach them then) and sealings were completed but no other ordinances have been done. We are working on catching up the rest of the work so their ordinances will be complete.
La.Cuisinier.Diabetique

Post by La.Cuisinier.Diabetique »

Davesudweeks...

Thanks for your reply.

My wife and I went to the Orlando FL Temple where she went through the Endowment for my Mother, while I went through for someone else... then we were both Sealed for my parents. :D

Once again... Thanks for your reply.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

La.Cuisinier.Diabetique wrote:My wife and I went to the Orlando FL Temple where she went through the Endowment for my Mother, while I went through for someone else... then we were both Sealed for my parents. :D
I am so happy for you.

Return to “FamilySearch Products”