Topic Reply Notifications

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
cawilson

Topic Reply Notifications

Post by cawilson »

The Topic Reply Notification emails claim that the '&view=unread#unread' link sends you to the "newest post made since your last visit", when in fact it sends me to the *oldest* post made since my last visit.

In my opinion, newest wouldn't be especially helpful, as that would always lead me to the last post in the thread, whether there had been 1 or 20 made in that thread. Reading the last post would likely be out of context, so I assume that the functionality is as intended, and that the email text just needs tweaked.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Topic Reply Notifications

Post by russellhltn »

For completeness, which way do you have the messages set to display? The default, which puts the newest message at the bottom, or reverse where the newest message goes to the top? That might make a difference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cawilson

Post by cawilson »

Sure. For me, newest is at the bottom of the last page
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Odd. Using the forum software, the "new" links takes me to "&view=unread#unread". But that works.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cawilson

Post by cawilson »

Define works. If there were 20 posts made after this one, would you want your link to show you this one first, or the 20th post after this one first?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Is your complaint just that the message says "newest post" when it is really directing you to the first unread post in that topic? If I'm understanding correctly, you just want the message to be changed, correct?
cawilson

Post by cawilson »

Well, when you put it that way, it does sound like 'complaining'... but yes. That is exactly what I was trying to say.
Was just trying to help. The engineer's job is to make the thing work, the PM's job is to make sure the scope description matches the function. I think like a PM. I use the forum and gain benefit from it, I was just trying to use my ability to make an improvement, even if a small one.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I just wanted to clarify that that is all you're concerned about. Rather than "complaint," we'll call it a "bug report." I don't know whether that is easily configured in the software. I'll see whether that can be easily changed

Return to “Help with this forum”