Changing "Ward Office" phone number on Meetinghouse Locator

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
rayhab

Changing "Ward Office" phone number on Meetinghouse Locator

Post by rayhab »

One of the previous Bishops in our Stake keeps getting calls from people asking about meeting times or trying to schedule an appointment with him. His number is only located on the Meetinghouse locator and in Contact Information in CDOL but no where else. Is there a way to change the number so he doesn't get calls anymore? Or do i just have to submit feedback in CDOL or suggest an edit in the Meetinghouse locator?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Changing "Ward Office" phone number on Meetinghouse Locator

Post by jonesrk »

You used to be able to edit the unit contact info in the stake MLS. I'm not sure if you still can do that or not, but if you can that will update CDOL. If not submitting feedback in CDOL will get it changed as well.
raftshea

Post by raftshea »

We are assigned to Yellowstone National Park, Seasonal meetings, through our Ashton Idaho Stake. The Branch is listed as Old Faithful Branch. If you click on there you will see Peter Moss, Branch President and 7 pm Sacrament meeting at Old Faithful Lodge building.

We also have meetings in 3 other areas of the Park covered by our Ashton Idaho Stake; Canyon (amphitheatre) at 4:30 p.m., Grant Village (amphitheatre) at 4:30 p.m. and Lake Lodge at 7:00 p.m.

How do we update this information? No one seems to know how to do it. We are amazed at the amount of people who want to attend church up in the Park and then there are those who are not aware of this happening.

Any suggestions or contacts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

raftshea wrote:Any suggestions or contacts?
I'd call support.

It's unclear to me if this other meetings are extra meetings of existing branches, or branches in their own right. I think the system is geared to show units with the idea that each unit only has one meeting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

raftshea wrote:We are assigned to Yellowstone National Park, Seasonal meetings, through our Ashton Idaho Stake...Any suggestions or contacts?
I think your problem is very similar to the issue described here in the Maps forum: Second meetinghouse for a ward scgallafent and jonesrk, who work for the church, provided a lot of information about the situation. I don't know if anything has improved since then. Your stake president probably needs to mention the issue to his priesthood leaders. You might also post about your situation on that thread. Perhaps the church employees will respond to it, since they're on that thread already.

We had a great time visiting your part of the world a couple of years ago...very beautiful :D ...but I think we ended catching church elsewhere in Idaho on our travels on a Sunday. The park information areas did have listings for several LDS meeting locations within the park.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”