is there restful API for gospel resources?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
kingc12

Re: is there restful API for gospel resources?

Postby kingc12 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:34 am

I was just going to scrape the standard works and study helps for my algorithmic personal study.

I'll probably just go to the permissions and ask about it.

jmarriott

Postby jmarriott » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:07 am

Sorry this answer is a bit delayed, but there appears to be a RESTful API for Gospel Library content that is fairly old: http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library ... eb_Service

Have fun!

mevans

Postby mevans » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:27 am

That's interesting. I didn't realize there was a published API. Note that sbradshaw added a redirect away from the page, so if the API still works, I think the church is making no commitment to maintaining it.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:10 pm

That page was from when the community was involved with the development of the Gospel Library apps. The documentation there hasn't been updated in years and I'm sure that the content format has changed since then. In addition, even when it was valid there was another page which indicated the API could only be used with permission (and as far as I know that permission was never given to anything other than official church sponsored applications).

So I very much doubt it works and even if it does, I don't think anyone has permission to use it.

Return to “LDS.org Website”