Password / Login Issues

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ferrellw01

Password / Login Issues

Post by ferrellw01 »

Hello! I am hoping someone can help me get back into my account. I have tried everything and simply cant login. Let me describe the issue...

I am able to reset my password using my username, MRN, and birth date. Upon logging in I am denied claiming that my username or password is incorrect. I have tried all major browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Tor) but still cant login. I have cleared all cookies, cache, history, used incognito and private windows, different computers, different internet service providers, disabled all extensions and have had no luck.

Can someone please help me?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Password / Login Issues

Post by rmrichesjr »

It sounds like you have tried all the right things. At this point, your account might be locked out due to too many attempts. This is a user-to-user forum, not an official support channel, but I think this should help. This is the first post in the LDS Account forum:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383

It has a link to the official LDS Account support page:

https://ldsaccount.lds.org/help/showAllQuestions

It sounds like you have most likely exhausted all those questions, but a quick scan of them wouldn't hurt in case there's something you have not yet tried. If none of the questions yields a solution, there are instructions in the first post (the first URL above) on how to get a form to request help from LDS Account support personnel.

Another option would be to contact your ward clerk, and have the ward clerk contact official support, but the more direct route might be faster.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've seen issues where new passwords need time before they work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ruthmcculley

Post by ruthmcculley »

I gave wrong phone number----need to change to mobile phone. [deleted]
Last edited by lajackson on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal information deleted. This is a public forum.
mg96

Post by mg96 »

My daughter can not login to her LDS account. She had gotten a new phone number and a new email. Plus her membership number isn't working either. She is trying to submit application to BYU-I. and we need her LDS account information to do that. Is there someone we can call and actually talk to? We are having some major problems.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mg96 wrote:Is there someone we can call and actually talk to? We are having some major problems.
Your ward clerk should be able to help you contact the Global Service Center if he is not able to help you resolve the problem.
jonesraetta1

Post by jonesraetta1 »

I can’t get in to my account
helensmith1127

Post by helensmith1127 »

I just put in my password to get into COJC.org and it keeps saying my password is incorrect
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

On the off chance you're actually using "COJC.org", please be aware that domain is apparently _NOT_ owned by the Church. If you have entered a real password on that site, you should change that password wherever you used it.
marylolaj

Post by marylolaj »

I am Mary Lola Jones, I havent been ab le to sign in to the lds site. Can you help me with this

Return to “Church Account”