Ward Unit Number

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
dennis42
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 am

Ward Unit Number

Postby dennis42 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:16 am

I would like to make a missionary donation to a grandchild in another ward, how do i find the unit number of that ward

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 8019
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Ward Unit Number

Postby lajackson » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:31 pm

dennis42 wrote:I would like to make a missionary donation to a grandchild in another ward, how do i find the unit number of that ward

Your ward clerk can give it to you, or you can go to the Meetinghouse Locator at maps.lds.org, search for the ward by name and then click on the entry for the correct result. The unit number is displayed immediately after the unit name in the information box. You will need to be signed in with your LDS Account to see the unit number.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1666
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Ward Unit Number

Postby jonesrk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Your family in that ward can also give it to you. They can see it in donations | settings
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk

gfisher00
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:05 pm

Re: Ward Unit Number

Postby gfisher00 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:09 pm

I have the same problem. I want to donate to my niece's mission. Her home ward is in Korea, the Kokbanjeung Ward, Unit Number is 212067. However, in donations, when I enter that unit number, it says "The ward or branch number you entered seems to be incorrect or the unit may be outside the country. Please re-enter the number." So is it not allowed to donate to a missionary whose home ward is out of the country? (She is serving her mission in California).

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 24770
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Ward Unit Number

Postby russellhltn » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:10 pm

gfisher00 wrote:So is it not allowed to donate to a missionary whose home ward is out of the country?

Not on-line anyway. The system doesn't support going between currencies.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

ifolkman
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:16 am

Re: Ward Unit Number

Postby ifolkman » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:34 am

gfisher00 wrote:I have the same problem. I want to donate to my niece's mission. Her home ward is in Korea, the Kokbanjeung Ward, Unit Number is 212067. However, in donations, when I enter that unit number, it says "The ward or branch number you entered seems to be incorrect or the unit may be outside the country. Please re-enter the number." So is it not allowed to donate to a missionary whose home ward is out of the country? (She is serving her mission in California).


I am the clerk in a Japan English ward and have two families that have missionaries who left from the United States and ran into this. In our members cases they have to contact the Church and essentially get permissions to make donations FROM a US bank account to the financially responsible ward in the US. Otherwise members are prevented from making donations online across international borders. So it may be possible, but you likely have to have an account in the same country to donate from.


Return to “Online Donations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests