Gospel Library App for Mac

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
justincy

Re: Gospel Library App for Mac

Postby justincy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:50 pm

sbradshaw wrote:The new "Gospel Library Online" language pages are considered "released" – so definitely send feedback about things that aren't working quite right – but they're not at a Gospel Library level yet in terms of features. For example, as of today you can only view annotations (not create them); and you can't view or create bookmarks.

This would be a great candidate for a PWA. Then you could add a local cache so that it works offline.

caloocan789

Postby caloocan789 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:55 am

I wonder if we might have more room for this possibility due to the fact that the recent Apple WWDC 2018 conference talked about porting iOS apps over to MacOS. It sounds like Apple is automating some part of the process to make the transition much easier. If so, I wonder if we can get the iOS app of Gospel Library working on MacOS. Apple is supposed to release more information about this next year, however, they are already working on the process by porting over their default news, stocks, home, and voice memos apps in Mojave.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:00 pm

caloocan789 wrote:I wonder if we might have more room for this possibility due to the fact that the recent Apple WWDC 2018 conference talked about porting iOS apps over to MacOS. It sounds like Apple is automating some part of the process to make the transition much easier. If so, I wonder if we can get the iOS app of Gospel Library working on MacOS. Apple is supposed to release more information about this next year, however, they are already working on the process by porting over their default news, stocks, home, and voice memos apps in Mojave.

It's definitely something to be excited about! We'll see how much work and maintenance that will require when Apple puts out more information, and if it pans out for Gospel Library.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”