Logitech C920 in Video Desktop MacOS

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

davidbcarter

Logitech C920 in Video Desktop MacOS

Post by davidbcarter »

I am running the following setup:

Logitech C920 webcam
Mac Mini 2012 running MacOS Sierra 10.12.4
VidyoDesktop 3.6.9 (014)

For some time now, I've been having trouble with VidyoDesktop and have had to use the iOS version on my phone or iPad instead. I had not taken time until now to figure exactly what the problem was. It turns out that the video is working fine. I can see and be seen. The audio output is working fine in that I can hear everyone connected to the call. The problem is that I cannot be heard by the other participants. In checking my audio input settings on both the Mac and in VidyoDesktop, I find that the mic on my Logitech C920 is selected as the input device in the Mac's Sound Preferences, and the input level meter is showing that it is picking up sound. However, in the device settings in VidyoDesktop, the C920's mic is not even listed as an option under the microphone devices. The only option that is listed in "Built-in input" and no sound is registering on the mic gain meter when I'm in a call.

I have already restarted the computer, removed and reinstalled VidypDesktop, and connected the C920 to a different USB port on the Mac. None of this has made a difference.

Any ideas on how to correct this?
davidbcarter

Re: Logitech C920 in Video Desktop MacOS

Post by davidbcarter »

Just thought I'd share that I logged in this morning, and for some reason I can't explain, I now have the Logitech C920 microphone as an option in the available microphone devices. I have no idea what changes between last Sunday and today, but I'll just count my blessings.

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”