Some video downloads not possible from LDS.org

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
jaustinj

Re: Some video downloads not possible from LDS.org

Postby jaustinj » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:37 pm

I have the same problem with my Macbook. Had it ever since the site went "beta."

nsingleton

Postby nsingleton » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 am

I still can't play ANY videos on the Young Woman lessons!!! Its very frustrating! This happened back in May as well and now again. I noticed that LDS.org has been updated so I am assuming that is what it is. I have tried, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer! ALL browsers don't work! I am on lesson #2 for July about Covenants. None of the videos work! WHY?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:51 am

nsingleton wrote:I still can't play ANY videos on the Young Woman lessons!!! Its very frustrating! This happened back in May as well and now again. I noticed that LDS.org has been updated so I am assuming that is what it is. I have tried, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer! ALL browsers don't work! I am on lesson #2 for July about Covenants. None of the videos work! WHY?

I assume you're taking about this page.

The videos do play for me, but the "pop over" viewer is really touchy. Any click on the video will pause/unpause. Any click outside of the video frame will close it entirely. More frustrating, there's a pop-over to the video that advises downloading if used in a meetinghouse (a very good idea), but frequently trying to click the "close" button will cause the video to pause/unpause.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “LDS.org Website”