Correcting Meeting House Address

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
nikk3hi3tala

Re: Correcting Meeting House Address

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

jonesrk wrote: They don't actually change the building address, but they assign units to buildings.
I get this. What I don't get is why they can't assign our unit to another building. That would leave the old building without any assigned unit, but why is that a problem? Now they are saying that there is no way to have the correct address in the meetinghouse locator if a ward moves temporarily. That sounds very strange.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nikk3hi3tala wrote:That would leave the old building without any assigned unit, but why is that a problem?
Good question. A couple of wild guesses: A building that doesn't have a unit might cause it to be flagged as "surplus" and cause someone to start asking questions. It might also affect FM's budget.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nikk3hi3tala

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

The situation was finally resolved. The local FM guy told that the FM area office changed our address. He said that since the new address was an already existing meetinghouse, they decided to make the change. I guess if we had to rent a place to meet, they wouldn't have changed the address. I guess they don't want to add new places to the database, if they are in use for only short time. That I can understand. What I still don't understand is why they didn't make that change when it was first asked. It took a long time and several emails before they did it.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”