Text messaging

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Text messaging

Post by sbradshaw »

I see the option to text a custom list or an organization list on both Android and iOS. On Android, it's an icon that looks like a rectangular speech bubble, with three lines.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

I found the red button (on Android). Thanks.

Now I testing to see if I can get more than 10 in the group. I realize this may be a limitation from my device and SMS client. One downside I think I see. If the user has no personal phone number (only at household level) then they don't get the text, no phone number transfers to the texting app. Can that be confirmed?
angelaahn2000@gmail.com

Post by angelaahn2000@gmail.com »

I send mass texts through the List function on LDS Tools. It's on the bottom of the screen. Click Lists> click "+" button on top right corner > add those you want to send texts to.

I sent a text to over 100 people the first day our ward moved to a new building this new year, and we had a mass turnout; however, there were some who didn't receive.

I use an iPhone.
carreec

Post by carreec »

Samual Bradshaw, I heard that the church has setup some new texting system is that true, would help now that we are in hurricane season? Carrie Carree
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

carreec wrote:Samual Bradshaw, I heard that the church has setup some new texting system is that true, would help now that we are in hurricane season? Carrie Carree
Hi! I haven't heard about that. I know you can text individual people or small groups of people using the Member Tools app, just with your own cell service.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”