Voice for audio Book of Mormon

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
R36_9346

Re: Voice for audio Book of Mormon

Postby R36_9346 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 pm

I just pictured a robotic Lloyd D. Newell introducing an episode of Music & the Spoken Word. It made me chuckle.

heymikey75

Postby heymikey75 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:09 pm

I personally prefer the audio quality, character and emotion in the pre-2013 voice readings, as many of the other posters here have stated. I recently downloaded the newer versions, male and female, to give them a try, but ended up deleting them. They sound too compressed and mechanical, in a distracting way. I'll stick with my older MP3's for now. Just reviewed the official release of the listed changes to the 2013 edition, and as it says, "More than 99 percent of the corrections are in the study aids (chapter summaries, footnotes, Topical Guide, Bible Dictionary, and triple combination index). I don't think I'll miss much listening to the old versions on my daily drive to work.

sludgepickle

Postby sludgepickle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:21 am

Any change on this? Would love to have the option to toggle between 2-3 voices. Not enough inflection and intonation in most of the new voices.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”