Attendance Rolls

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
BrianEdwards

Re: Attendance Rolls

Post by BrianEdwards »

One option you might consider, is if the current (relatively new) "Class and Quorum Attendance" functionality could provide a type of workaround. Obviously this wouldn't identify those who come for sacrament meeting but don't stay for second hour classes, and also requires that attendance be taken reliably during second hour classes.

But it does provide at least some insight into who is at church on any given Sunday, as well as recent attendance patterns, if you select "All Classes" and then scroll through the list of names.

The custom report tool is available in LCR under "Reports" => "Create a Report", and has all the expected knobs and dials for filtering. However, I'm not aware of an option to print any custom report in the format of an attendance roll.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Attendance Rolls

Post by sbradshaw »

JeffreyIanNance wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:23 am Back then in MLS it was possible to call up a Ward Membership list with the option of printing it as an attendance roll.

The purpose in doing so was that it enabled me, during Sacrament meeting, to sit on the stand and keep an unofficial attendance roll.

This enabled me to provide the Bishop with a list each of those members who had been missing from Sacrament meeting x times out of x weeks.

As a result the Bishop was able to catch members as they started to 'fall through the cracks'.

I have just recently been called again as Ward Clerk.

I am trying to re-create this same 'roll', although nowadays, LCR is the program in use.
There has been a lot of emphasis recently on relieving the load of the bishop so he can focus on specific responsibilities only he can fill. I can see how a bishop might want this – because he cares about the members – but on the other hand, this adds another thing on the bishop's plate. Instead of giving the report to the bishop, it might be worth taking it to the full ward council instead.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Reports and Forms”