How do I create a record of a child who just turned 8?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
dbreinholt

How do I create a record of a child who just turned 8?

Post by dbreinholt »

We have a child who just turned 8 and is not a child of record who wants to be baptized. I tried to create a record but MLS won't let me because the child has already turned 8
eblood66

Re: How do I create a record of a child who just turned 8?

Post by eblood66 »

dbreinholt wrote:We have a child who just turned 8 and is not a child of record who wants to be baptized. I tried to create a record but MLS won't let me because the child has already turned 8
You don't have to create a record before they are baptized. Once they are baptized use the Membership > Ordinances > Child without Record Baptism menu option to record the baptism and create the record in one step.
dbreinholt

Post by dbreinholt »

Thank you very much.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

If the child parents are members and you have their permission you could create a child of record now before they are baptized then all that would need done after the baptism is to record the baptism. You do this the same way you create a record for a child that has been blessed.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Gary_Miller wrote:If the child parents are members and you have their permission you could create a child of record now before they are baptized then all that would need done after the baptism is to record the baptism. You do this the same way you create a record for a child that has been blessed.
That isn't an option once they have turned 8. MLS won't let you use the New Child of Record or Child Blessing options once they turn 8. You have to wait until they are baptized.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I missed that in the OP. Guess I should read more closely.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”