printing error in directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
busman

printing error in directory

Post by busman »

I am getting an infinite loop error when trying to print (as PDF) the "Stake Information" from the membership directory on lds.org. If the links below don’t work, here are the steps:

· Log on to lds.org
· Navigate to the directory
· Select "Stake Information" from the ward selection drop down on the right
· Click on Stake Leaders and Organizations
· Click Print (doesn’t matter if you open or save the generated PDF file -- the error will appear on page 3)

The error occurs when using any "Details" except email. I am using either Windows XP SP3 or windows 7 - same result. Attached is an example.
-Steve Jones
Stake Clerk, Gresham Oregon
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon May 27, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed attachment containing personal information
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: printing error in directory

Post by russellhltn »

Admin note: The attachment was removed as it contained contact information. Please remember this is a public forum.

To summarize: The error is on page three. The title of the page (the Stake's name) is printed, but just below appears "ERROR: Infinite table loop"

I tried the procedure on my stake, but the listing is only 2 and a half pages long. Even with all the details checked.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
busman

Post by busman »

Thank you for removing the attachment. I wondered about that after I sent it.
With only email checked, I get a 4 page report. The information missing begins with the family history - Stake Indexing dir & asst, 2 center directors, 2 center asst, 15 consultants, then Other Callings and Patriarch. These organizations are also missing: Young Single Adult, Seminary & Instute, Technology, Auditing, Activities & Sports, Facilities, Public Affairs, Music, Employment & Welfare organizations.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you can, you might try saving the PDF, sanitizing the names and then posting it. Perhaps something about the structure to be a clue.

But you might want to wait a few days first and let our resident CDOL guru chime in. I have a feeling the problem is in the data. He'll be able to tell if everything is OK. I can't see anything in the CDOL beyond the stake presidency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
busman

Post by busman »

I'll wait as I have no tool to sanitize a PDF.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I don't see anything wrong with the data just looking at it. I do notice that when I print mine some of the organizations aren't included. I think they must have a hard-coded list of organizations instead of dynamic.

Does the location of the error stay on page 3 even when you change which details you include? Does it change who it cuts off after? If not then it might be data with then next position. I can look at that more if you can PM me with where it cuts off or copies of the PDF's.
busman

Post by busman »

The problem remains as I described above on 5/27 at 12:19. With email only the report completes without all the organizations. With anything else it fails with the infinite look error.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”