Annual ward history template?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
chriswoodut

Re: Annual ward history template?

Postby chriswoodut » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:05 am

habutler wrote:I'm on my fourth year doing a history, either for ward or stake RS. I think all of these ideas are great.

There actually is a template available. Here is the link: https://www.lds.org/callings/church-his ... rt-eng.pdf

This is very basic, and I think might leave out some interesting details. However, maybe this is enough? I just discovered this form a couple of days ago, AFTER I had already finished my history for 2018. :)

That's a very different history than I do. I think if those are the church wants asnwered, I think a Bishop would likely choose a different person to do the history than me. :) Like... himself or a counselor.

davesudweeks

Re: Annual ward history template?

Postby davesudweeks » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:32 am

chriswoodut wrote:That's a very different history than I do. I think if those are the church wants asnwered, I think a Bishop would likely choose a different person to do the history than me. :) Like... himself or a counselor.

I think those are actually quite good questions for auxiliary leaders to consider, but each unit is different and the answers would be quite different for different organizations. As the ward clerk, I see my role as providing the general statistical information for the year and compiling the organization responses to those questions into a single document. I review the individual organization portions for format and spelling, but leave them as submitted by the organization president otherwise. I have provided those suggested questions to our ward organizations, but if they don't use them I don't worry about it.

Compiling the ward history is also a good assignment for an assistant clerk or someone else who could use the experience.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”