'Name Unknown' in HT lists

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
nmecantwin73

'Name Unknown' in HT lists

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Forgive me if this has been asked already... I searched the forums, but could not find anything.

It appears that with the latest MLS update (2.8.1), we have mystery names now showing up in our Home Teaching screens and reports. They aren't entirely a mystery as these names are individuals who have moved out of the ward within the past 6-9 months. If a person's name is John Smith, the name is showing up as "NAME UNKNOWN, John". There are about 10 names like this.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do we correct it? Our Membership Clerk went through MLS completely and could not find any way of deleting or changing, as the names do not show as a regular membership record.

Thanks,
Nate
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

njcant1 wrote:Forgive me if this has been asked already... I searched the forums, but could not find anything.

It appears that with the latest MLS update (2.8.1), we have mystery names now showing up in our Home Teaching screens and reports. They aren't entirely a mystery as these names are individuals who have moved out of the ward within the past 6-9 months. If a person's name is John Smith, the name is showing up as "NAME UNKNOWN, John". There are about 10 names like this.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do we correct it? Our Membership Clerk went through MLS completely and could not find any way of deleting or changing, as the names do not show as a regular membership record.

Thanks,
Nate
Yes, this has been answered somewhere else. Here is the link to the thread:
http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=860
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

(No, really, it is.) :cool:

Personally, I haven't encountered this yet. What specific reports does it show up on?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”