Date/Time security policy change

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
sammythesm

Date/Time security policy change

Post by sammythesm »

I just got the MHTech Newsletter (thank you for putting this out!). I was glad to see the section on the security policy change for Date/Time on the computer (that users will now no longer be able to change the date/time from the system tray). I had a clerk try to do this about a year ago and it was a royal mess to fix.

Anyway - just wanted to say that I'm glad to see the church finally taking a more proactive role in managing all these computers they own. Not that we need/want them totally locked down, but stuff like this just makes sense.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect they'll be implementing the procedure outlined in the wiki. I did that way back before LDSTech even existed. Works great. It's only a problem when the BIOS battery starts to die.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”