Home teaching question

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
funaddict

Home teaching question

Post by funaddict »

I have a question on home teaching that came up while printing out home teaching assignments in the clerks office that I hope someone can answer. How should a home teaching assignment be handled for a household with two member children, but no member adults? The single father (head of household) is not a member, but two children are. Should they be assigned to Elder's quorum for Home teaching or HP quorum? Or just RS, or just YM/YW? I know that single sisters/ mothers are assigned to HP, but not sure about children only. Thanks for any insight.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

funaddict wrote:I know that single sisters/ mothers are assigned to HP, but not sure about children only.

That first statement isn't true; it may be a helpful starting point, but if a home teaching companionship in the EQ can better serve a single sister, that can be entirely appropriate. All assignments are made with the approval of the bishop, and there are no hard and fast rules. Whatever home teachers can best meet the needs of the household should be assigned.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “General Discussions”