Where do we report bugs and software problems?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
genman

Where do we report bugs and software problems?

Post by genman »

Some of the threads on this forum are reporting problems with the lds.org functionality. Does posting here get the word to the software development team? What is the best way to report problems/bugs found so that they are brought to the attention of the applicable developers?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

genman wrote:Some of the threads on this forum are reporting problems with the lds.org functionality. Does posting here get the word to the software development team? What is the best way to report problems/bugs found so that they are brought to the attention of the applicable developers?
Posts on LDSTech might be seen by the appropriate development team, but there's certainly no guarantee. In some forum sections, such as the beta sections for LDS.org apps, you can be very confident that the development team is monitoring the forum and will see your posts (you can see active participation there by LisaAn and kyleq). And even in the regular forum sections for Calendar, Directory, and Lesson Schedules, there seems to be a pretty good chance that a post will be seen (although some things definitely slip through the cracks). The Leader and Clerk Resources section has occasional participation by the product manager (PartridgeRM), but the Maps and Classic sections have practically no participation by Church employees. So there's not one consistent answer to your question about the LDSTech forums.

Officially, the correct way to report problems with LDS.org applications is by using the Submit Feedback link, but in many cases, it takes a long time for that feedback to get to the development teams (although we are assured that it does eventually happen).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

We're aware of the problem, and we're working to resolve the issues.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
genman

Post by genman »

jkitterman wrote:We're aware of the problem, and we're working to resolve the issues.

Which problem? Several have been posted.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

I'm speaking specifically to "Leader Resources" and "Clerk Resources" (this forum), which have had service outages since earlier this afternoon. They are now back online.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
genman

Post by genman »

jkitterman wrote:I'm speaking specifically to "Leader Resources" and "Clerk Resources" (this forum), which have had service outages since earlier this afternoon. They are now back online.
The original post in this thread was more about reporting functional software problems, not in reporting service outages. The "Submit Feedback" link on the lower left of each lds.org page, which aebrown pointed out, answers the question though. When I encounter a bug, I will likely post here in the forum and also submit it via the Submit Feedback link.
jdfurlong

Re: Where do we report bugs and software problems?

Post by jdfurlong »

I am getting the following message when I attempt to access the on-line store:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

IBM_HTTP_Server at store.churchofjesuschrist.org Port 443
cdl1752

Post by cdl1752 »

I’m having problems accessing the Patriarchal Blessing site. I’m a Stake Patriarch and have several blessings I need to submit. Any ideas when the site might be back up?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cdl1752 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:02 am I’m having problems accessing the Patriarchal Blessing site. I’m a Stake Patriarch and have several blessings I need to submit. Any ideas when the site might be back up?
Many church web pages have problems with cookie build-up. As a quick check, I'd suggest using incognito/private mode.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pacmanbramby

Post by pacmanbramby »

I found a bug. While on english on churchofjesuschrist.org, every time I try to go to acts chapter 8 it instead sends me to 1 john 4 in spanish. If I refresh the page it changes it back to english. I bypasses this issue myself by typing in the web address to acts 8, but others might not be able to figure it out.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”