LDS Gospel Library

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
CherylD

LDS Gospel Library

Post by CherylD »

Hi, I am not very "techy" so am out of my element here. I synced my new I pad with my I phone but the Gospel Library only downloaded the shell, not the content (scriptures, magazines). So I deleted the app on my I pad and now when I go to the page describing the app and try to download it, the download button says downloaded. It does not give me the option of downloading again. How do I get around this?:confused: Thanks!
maldwin

Post by maldwin »

I can't help you with reinstalling your lds library app. I have always been able to reinstall with my iphone after deleting an app. Did you try to download from the app store, or itunes? Did you back up your iphone/pad apps in itunes? That's the best I can do at trying to sound intelligent about this, but the lds library only installs the shell. Once installed you have to download each category separately.
robertsdc

Post by robertsdc »

I am having the same problem as CherylD described above but, I have tried numerous times to download the specific content desired with no success. My phone is an iphone 4
gsjsputman

Re: LDS Gospel Library

Post by gsjsputman »

Although closely related, I am going to add to my need for assistance to the mix. I have an IPOD Touch (software version 5.1.1) and am having a similar situation where the shell of the program downloads properly, but cannot/does not download the individual content/subsections within the library. In other words, I try to download the Old Testament, in the Scriptures group, and when I try to open the Old Testament, I am left with only the option of removing the content/canceling the action window. So far in my troubleshooting, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, no success. I have restored from a backup, no success. I have restored my IPOD to factory settings, downloaded the current LDS Gospel Library from iTunes, no success. I thought it was my WIFI connection. But so far I am able to download many other LDS and non-LDS apps from iTunes with complete satisfaction and functionality. Is there any known incapability to this app to the IPOD software version I have? Does anyone have any tech tips/work around that can solve this problem?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”