Primary Sharing Time Manual not very compatible with Lesson Schedules

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
mevans

Primary Sharing Time Manual not very compatible with Lesson Schedules

Post by mevans »

The Primary Sharing Time manual is organized by month and within each month there are lessons for the week. Unfortunately, you can only pick a lesson by month in Lesson Schedules, not by week.

In addition, they are listed in alphabetical order instead of month order. This makes is a bit confusing finding things. It would be nice if the list in Lesson Schedules shows them in order, such as January, February, March, ...

I think this is more an issue with how the manual is setup rather than with Lesson Schedules. Hopefully they can set up the 2013 manual so it's more compatible with Lesson Schedules.

Where's the best place to give this feedback since the 2013 manual doesn't exist yet? Do I click on the link for the 2012 Sharing Time manual or is posting it in this forum a good place? I know some church people, such as LisaAn, have been active here.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I'd click on the link to the 2012 Sharing Time manual and put your input there. That way it gets to the people who create the manuals. Lesson Schedules is limited to listing what it's given and doesn't have any control over the manuals.
QA Engineer
failproof

Re: Primary Sharing Time Manual not very compatible with Les

Post by failproof »

The 2013 Outline for Sharing Time manual does not appear in the list of Primary Manuals on Lesson Schedules. As far as I can find, there isn't an online html version of the manual, only a .pdf version. Though to be fair, if I were looking for the 2012 html version from LDS.org, I would be hard pressed to find it without using Lesson Schedules because the 2012 links from the Primary Lesson Manuals page: https://www.lds.org/manual/primary?lang=eng also take you to the .pdf version.
mevans

Post by mevans »

We still don't have a version of the Primary Sharing Time manual for 2013. Is this going to come or are we out of luck for 2013?

Since we have no version compatible with Lesson Schedules, I'm trying to use the PDF provided by the Church so I can get something in Lesson Schedules. I want to create a link that opens to a specific page number in the PDF, but this doesn't seem to work (see Adobe reference material on how to do this).

For example, I might want to do a link like this to go to January:

Code: Select all

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/08994_eng.pdf#page=4
I know this technique doesn't necessarily work in in all browsers, but I thought I'd try making it work. I could get it to work with PDF documents found elsewhere (not on LDS.org), but not on the Sharing Time manual. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:For example, I might want to do a link like this to go to January:

Code: Select all

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/08994_eng.pdf#page=4
Worked perfectly for me in IE9 with the Acrobat plug-in. Not so good in Chrome using it's own plug-in - it went to the next page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”