Error when trying to delete course

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Error when trying to delete course

Post by jdlessley »

The recent update release of Lesson Schedules has re-introduced the problem as described before. See my post here. The only difference is I am running Firefox 17.0.1 now.

I am an administrator and I was trying to set up Lesson Schedules for 2013 when I ran into the problem again. In this case I went to add some classes after adding events and noticed two Gospel Doctrine classes. Both were identical and had been added by the High Priests Group Leader in an unsuccessful attempt to create the High Priests class (He didn't know what he was doing and gave up.). Both classes needed to be deleted because they were improperly set up (The issues associated with that is a topic for another thread.).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bdalton

Post by bdalton »

I also cannot delete a class. I get "Service error detected. The session may have timed out." and then the window refreshes. I am using Firefox 17.0.1.
bdalton

Post by bdalton »

Several previous failed attempts (over the past couple weeks) at entering events and classes are showing up now. I cannot delete classes or events. I get the message, "Service error detected. The session may have timed out."
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator Note: The previous post was moved from the Lesson 2.0 Released announcement thread to this thread. The other thread is an announcement of the release while this thread discusses bdalton's topic.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ThomasPR

Post by ThomasPR »

I am having the same problem as everyone else when I try to delete classes. I have used a different browser and that doesn't seem to help. I am the ward website administrator and also the stake administrator and so I should have administrative rites to edit the lesson schedule. Please let us know when this error is corrected.
failproof

Re: Lesson 2.0 Released

Post by failproof »

I am still experiencing the same inability to delete classes that I was experiencing on the 2.0 Beta version...
Once I confirm that I really do want to delete it I get "Service error detected. The session may have timed out"

No additional details to provide that I didn't provide in the beta lesson schedules forum, but happy to provide the same here if desired.
walterfwildman

Re: Lesson 2.0 Released

Post by walterfwildman »

Thank you for reporting this error. I discovered deleting class was not working this afternoon, but had trouble finding proper place to report the problem.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator Note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator Note: The two previous posts were moved into this thread from the Lesson 2.0 Released thread to keep all posts on this topic together.]

The church employee who visits this forum and usually works issues like this is no longer a church employee. And since no other church employee has chimed in to replace her, I will elevate this to the developers.
JD Lessley
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I reopened the JIRA issue with this problem. We were talking about the issue this morning in scrum and will try to fix it asap. (By the way, if you're on the Church network you can delete classes, so if you're an employee at work you probably won't experience this issue.)

Here's the JIRA ticket for reference: LUAL-348
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

I am also having this problem. I wanted to delete classes, then add events and recreate classes to have lessons schedule around events. Get the service error detected error and classes will not delete.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”