Stake Administration for Lesson Schedules

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
whick

Stake Administration for Lesson Schedules

Post by whick »

The Stake Sunday School President, or Stake Clerk, should have the ability to enter the adult Priesthood, Relief Society and Sunday School lessons on the web site since all units within the Stake should be on the same lesson schedule throughout the year. By entering the schedule ONCE, and having it replicate automatically throughout all Stake units, just think of the time saved! Otherwise, instead of creating just 36 entries for the entire Stake (12 months X 3 organizations), a 12-unit Stake would have 432 entries.

As you can see, this is a significant and unnecessary work load for unpaid volunteers that are already often overburdened. The Stake President has been given, by directive, the responsibility to oversee all teaching in the Stake, and the current setup of the Lesson Schedules module hogties his ability to ensure continuity across the Stake in the planning of those lessons.

Please incorporate this needed change to the programming of this module immediately for 2013. Thank you!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This has been addressed in several other threads. In post #7 of the "Will there will be access to schedule classes at stake level?" thread in a church employee stated that some future release would have stake level functionality. Whether that happens with the release expected before the end of this year is yet to be seen.

There are limited resources for development and the developers have a priority list. The priesthood department is the customer that sets the priorities. We do not have access to this priority list and cannot tell were this development effort ranks on the work schedule.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

In our stake, during ward conference, the stake presidency addresses a joint meeting and the regular lesson is moved back that week. So. Since ward conference is different for every ward, we aren't all on the same schedule all year. We might not be the only stake that does that...
lmorales1005

Lessons and attendance roll for Primary.

Post by lmorales1005 »

Hello, this is Leonor Morales, and I am the "new" primary President. :o because of that I am not familiarized with the technologies that I can to use.How I can have access to page to do Attendance list and edit it. I am trying to do it with a Microsoft program. Could you have an advice for me please? My email is mobale70@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!

L. Morales
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

lmorales1005 wrote:Hello, this is Leonor Morales, and I am the "new" primary President. :o because of that I am not familiarized with the technologies that I can to use.How I can have access to page to do Attendance list and edit it. I am trying to do it with a Microsoft program. Could you have an advice for me please? My email is mobale70@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!

L. Morales
See your ward clerk he can give you the rights you need to print these lists out of MLS, or if he is nice like me will do it for you.:)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lmorales1005 wrote:How I can have access to page to do Attendance list and edit it.

Currently the primary president has no special web page access to do attendance. MLS on the ward computer is the only option right now. Even then, it only gives you a print out used for taking attendance, not to record it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”