Lds tools showing new and old callings

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
sapolio72

Lds tools showing new and old callings

Post by sapolio72 »

I am the website admin for my ward. The members who use LDS TOOLS on their mobile devices have noticed that in their profiles, in many cases it shows their current calling AND previous callings they've had. Also, when accessing the different aux. org., they show two or more members for the same calling. I verified on MLS, and MLS has the current data updated, re-checked with the ward clerk and he also made sure that MLS has updated info. As far as I know, LDS tools take its info from MLS. Is that correct ? Does anybody else have the problem ? Any known solutions ?

thanks in advance for your kind responses.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would check the directory and have the clerk check CDOL. It's possible there's duplicate callings in the system and it's not showing in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sapolio72

Post by sapolio72 »

Thanks RussellHltn !! I went tonight with one of the Counselors in the bishopric and checked the data. MLS was showing the duplicates as well as CDOL. He said that several times he or the ward clerk have removed the duplicate/inaccurate entries, but they were showing again. We went ahead and removed the duplicates, set the callings with the correct members, and did a "send/receive" to upload the changes. CDOL, however, did not reflect the changes and we don't see an option in CDOL to either edit the info presented or perform a synch with MLS. It states that the last CDOL-MLS update was in June 2012.

Can local leaders (bishopric) edit within CDOL ?? How can we make CDOL be in synch with MLS ??
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What version of MLS are you on? It may not work properly unless you are on 3.5. If you're not on it, don't worry. It will come soon enough.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wtaylorbasil

Released Calling Still Showing in CDOL

Post by wtaylorbasil »

RussellHltn wrote:What version of MLS are you on? It may not work properly unless you are on 3.5. If you're not on it, don't worry. It will come soon enough.

I have the same problem. The Exec Sec was released and the MLS has been updated. I have checked by Organisation callings and member with callings and the persons name is not shown in MLS (Version 3.5.0_21078) . I have done a Unit Request Data and send/receive several times but it still shows in CDOL.
You say don't worry, it will come soon enough. That does not sound right to me. If there is a sync problem in CDOL, it should be rectified at that end and not leave Clerks and Counsellors to chase after it.
We were recently instructed to make available all contact info for the Leadership and this calling still shows which is not right.
Could you tell me who has the Stewardship to rectify such anomalies.
Kind Regards
Ward Clerk Unit 76422
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sapolio72 wrote:CDOL, however, did not reflect the changes and we don't see an option in CDOL to either edit the info presented or perform a synch with MLS. It states that the last CDOL-MLS update was in June 2012.

The "last updated" date at the bottom of a unit's CDOL page has nothing to do with the CDOL-MLS sync; instead it refers to the last time someone at Church headquarters manually updated the information in CDOL for that unit. In my stake's case, for example, the date listed is back in March when our new stake president's information was added. But since then, there have been well over a dozen changes to stake callings, all of which have indeed been synced from MLS to CDOL. So don't be misled by thinking that date is relevant to this particular discussion.
sapolio72 wrote:Can local leaders (bishopric) edit within CDOL ?? How can we make CDOL be in synch with MLS ??

No, local leaders cannot edit information in CDOL directly. The way you make CDOL sync with MLS is to make changes in MLS and transmit. I know that these sync problems have been frustrating for many clerks. The MLS and CDOL developers are working diligently to improve the situation. I believe the CDOL developers have completed their part of this effort. It sounds like there is an additional fix coming in MLS 3.5.1, but it's not clear exactly what it is. It sounds to me like the MLS 3.5.1 fix might not be anything more than a forced refresh of unit's calling data from CDOL. Some units have had success following the procedure for Correcting duplicate or missing callings, which includes a unit data refresh; you can do that now without waiting for MLS 3.5.1.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wtaylorbasil wrote:
RussellHltn wrote:What version of MLS are you on? It may not work properly unless you are on 3.5. If you're not on it, don't worry. It will come soon enough.
You say don't worry, it will come soon enough. That does not sound right to me.
I think you misunderstood. The reference to "it" was to MLS 3.5. All RussellHltn was saying was that MLS 3.5 was set to download automatically for different units at different times. He wasn't talking about the sync problem itself. And for this particular point, you made it clear that you are on MLS 3.5, so there's no need to even discuss when you will be on MLS 3.5.
wtaylorbasil wrote:If there is a sync problem in CDOL, it should be rectified at that end and not leave Clerks and Counsellors to chase after it.
Could you tell me who has the Stewardship to rectify such anomalies.
Fixing such problems is often going to be a cooperative effort between CDOL and MLS developers, Local Unit Support, and clerks. We have ample evidence that the CDOL and MLS developers are working diligently to do what they can on their end. As I mentioned in my previous post, it looks like the CDOL developers have completed their part of this effort.

Clerks can do their part as well; the procedure for Correcting duplicate or missing callings may very well give you a reliable starting point in MLS that will allow you to get these callings cleaned up. If that procedure doesn't work, I'd recommend that you contact your Area Office for support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”