LDS Account Issues

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
dfchamplain

LDS Account Issues

Post by dfchamplain »

A counselor in our Bishopric is able to successfully reset his LDS account password from the ldsaccount.lds.org website and log-in using the new information, but when he tries to authenticate using lds.org, he is receiving an error message that the user name or password is incorrect. We have even waited 15-20 minutes. Does anyone have any suggestions?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There may be an e-mail message he has to respond to to confirm the change. Have him check his e-mail.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

Yep, he has done that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Any "odd" things in his password? Some sites might not handle special symbols the same way. It's either that or the sync takes longer then expected.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Normally a change is effective within minutes after making it. But it would not hurt to wait a couple hours. If there is still an issue then contact the Global Service Center (GSC) for assistance.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

Nothing odd for his password. We can sign into the lds account page just fine. It's all the other pages that don't like the information provided.

After a few hours wait, we still are receiving the error message. I'll have him contact GSC tomorrow. Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dfchamplain wrote:Nothing odd for his password. We can sign into the lds account page just fine. It's all the other pages that don't like the information provided.

After a few hours wait, we still are receiving the error message. I'll have him contact GSC tomorrow. Thanks!

You might ask him to check first tomorrow before calling. I have heard that some of the computers talk to each other overnight and work out various things. I didn't think it would take this long, but you never know.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:You might ask him to check first tomorrow before calling. I have heard that some of the computers talk to each other overnight and work out various things. I didn't think it would take this long, but you never know.

Also, the computer responsible for syncing may be down. When the CHQ employees arrive in the morning, they may discover it and fix it.

Note that church employees are required to change their passwords periodically. As such, they will be the ones most affected by any failure to sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”