Sign In menu issue for Firefox

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Sign In menu issue for Firefox

Post by jdlessley »

The LDS.org sign in menu and title does not change after signing in. Sign in is successful as noted when an application title is clicked and the application opens and shows as signed in and not opening the LDS Account sign in page. To get the "[User Name]/Tools" menu requires a tab reload.

This is an issue only for Firefox. I do not see this in IE8 or Chrome.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This issue appears to now be fixed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

I believe it is intermittent. I have noticed it off an on for a few weeks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I reported it only because I had seen it since yesterday afternoon. I figured that it was time to report it.
JD Lessley
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The issue is back again. I can't find anything on the user end that affects the behavior. I have cleared the browser cache and deleted all cookies with no affect.
JD Lessley
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:The issue is back again. I can't find anything on the user end that affects the behavior. I have cleared the browser cache and deleted all cookies with no affect.
I'm curious how you're signing in. Are you:
  • Clicking the "Sign In/Tools" link on the LDS.org home page and then clicking the "Sign In" button on the dropdown?
  • Clicking the "Sign In/Tools" link on LDS.org and then clicking one of the applications (e.g., Calendar), which then brings up the Sign In page? In this case, you will land on some other LDS.org page after signing in.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Clicking the "Sign In/Tools" link on the LDS.org home page and then clicking the "Sign In" button on the dropdown.
JD Lessley
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:Clicking the "Sign In/Tools" link on the LDS.org home page and then clicking the "Sign In" button on the dropdown.
Well, I use Firefox as well, and I very often sign in that exact way. But I've never seen the problem you describe. I don't have any theories as to what would be different in your case, since you've already taken all the steps I would have suggested.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The issue is really quite unpredictable as to when it is going to behave that way. One session after I last posted things were working correctly. I just now checked and the issue is back, again!
JD Lessley

Return to “Main Church Website”