Forgotten user name and abandoned email

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
alan.richardson

Post by alan.richardson »

Alan, didn't mean to avoid the help offered. Here's what we just tried again, with the same results:

1. ldsaccount.lds.org;
2. Can't Sign In;
3. How do I recover my user name;
4. Check "I don't have/remember my e-mail";
5. Are you a member? Yes;
6. Enter the member's MRN, date of birth;
7. Enter the Captcha word;
8. Clicked Recover My User Name;
9. Pop up window appears "Is this you" with members name and birhdate;
10. Click yes;
11. Next screen provides lastname, firstname, (username), then the old email address, and ONE button Keep Email Address.

That's the consistent result I have been receiving with these instructions.

Repeating the process with my membership info, I get similar results, with a SECOND button ("Change email address").

Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Alan.Richardson wrote:Alan, didn't mean to avoid the help offered. Here's what we just tried again, with the same results:

Thanks for supplying all those details. That does make it clear that you are following the correct steps. A couple of followup questions:
  • Are you using the same browser in both cases?
  • Are you doing this on the same computer in both cases?
Either there is a difference due to the browser or some other configuration, or there is something unique to that account. If it's the browser, using a different browser should get past this problem. If it's a problem unique to the account, you'll need to follow the link in the LDS Account help system to contact our support team (visible after you click the "What if my issue is not listed here?" link).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
alan.richardson

Post by alan.richardson »

Same computer, same browser (Safari). Same results with Firefox. Off to the support team. Thanks for y'alls efforts.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

Call CHQ and request login support for LDS Account. keep asking for CHQ until you get to them explain all the steps you have used to change your e-mail. Once you get CHQ they will correct the email to your current one AND help you set your password. Passwords are NEVER given BUT a LINK to reset is given so you may set your password to what you choose even an existing one will work for all by employees they must change every 90-days and cant reuse old passwords.

Return to “Church Account”