Problem with iPad/Lesson Schedules

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
zaneclark

Problem with iPad/Lesson Schedules

Post by zaneclark »

I am away from my computer for the summer so I am using my iPad for access to church tools. Everythig on the tools list opens and works great except the Lesson Schedules. All I get is the spinning ball. It seems the programming is not the same as with the other tools. Anyone else having this problem?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I just logged in and was able to get to site without problem. However, someone else has also reported random problems with the Lesson Schedules site. We're looking into the problem. Thanks.
QA Engineer
mevans

Post by mevans »

zaneclark wrote:All I get is the spinning ball.

Interesting. I got the spinning ball today too (see post #7 in another thread).

My question is: how did you access the site? You're mentioning the Tools menu, so I'm guessing you accessed via lds.org and then Tools > Lesson Schedules? If so, that blows my theory I mentioned in the other thread. It seems to me that the only problems I'm having with Lesson Schedules are when I directly type in the URL to my browser (lds.org/lesson). Whenever I've done Tools > Lesson Schedules, it works without problem. Can you confirm how you're going to the lesson schedules?

If you wait long enough, do you get the Service error detected message I mention in the other post?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just tried opening Lesson Schedules 3 different ways: the first was through the Tools menu on LDS.org, with the spinning ball as a result, second was typing in lds.org/lessons. Just a blank page, not even a spinning ball. Then I tried it with Dolphin, a browser developed especially for iPad, and it worked! I was able to open it easily and even make some changes. So the culprit seems to be programming related to the Safari iOS.
mevans

Post by mevans »

zaneclark wrote:So the culprit seems to be programming related to the Safari iOS.
On the OS X side, I experienced the spinning ball problem with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. I think they have Chrome for iPad now? Maybe it's worth a try to see what it does? Of course, I've only experienced the spinning ball once on OS X. I don't know if our problems are related or not.
zaneclark wrote:second was typing in lds.org/lessons. Just a blank page, not even a spinning ball.
The proper URL is lds.org/lesson (not lessons). Typing lds.org/lessons also gives me a blank page.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Just downloaded Chrome for iPad and the Lesson Schedule file opened ok. So that makes Dolphin and Chrome that work. It's nice to have some alternative browsers to use when Safari won't do the job.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Are you still having problems with Safari on iPad?

See the post from LisaAn on my other thread. She said they've had some server problems they've been fixing. I wonder if those fixes have also resolved your problem?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I tried it after reading your post and still just the spinning wheel... I'm ok as long as I have other browsers that work.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We have just released a new version of Lesson Schedules that should improve things. We also added additional logging so when you encounter the problem you can give us more information. Please try Lesson Schedules again and see if it's working properly. Let us know the results. Thank you for your patience.
QA Engineer
Pghassing

Re: Problem with iPad/Lesson Schedules

Post by Pghassing »

Having the spinning ball as cited above on my iPad. Works ok on iMac. Just started in last week. Hate to download a different browser. HELP please, use this weekly during SS and PH

Return to “Lesson Schedules”