Flow of Geocodes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
HansG

Flow of Geocodes

Post by HansG »

Hello all,

Back in 2008, lajackson contributed what has come to be the definitive post on geocode behavior in MLS, found here.

Now, four years later, I'm wondering if that is still how geocodes work in the current version of MLS. Has anyone played with flowing geocodes entered at the ward level to the stake for boundary realignment exercises?

Thanks.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

In my experience it still works as described in the earlier post.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

One oddity that I've noticed is that when a membership record moves into the ward, the Stake Geo-Code from their prior stake comes with their membership record and populates in ward MLS. In my opinion that should not happen.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rontilby wrote:One oddity that I've noticed is that when a membership record moves into the ward, the Stake Geo-Code from their prior stake comes with their membership record and populates in ward MLS. In my opinion that should not happen.

Another ward in the same stake or from outside the stake? I could see the logic if it was due to a boundary change (no change in address), but not if they physically moved residence.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

RussellHltn wrote:Another ward in the same stake or from outside the stake? I could see the logic if it was due to a boundary change (no change in address), but not if they physically moved residence.
I was referring to a move into my ward from a unit in a different stake.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”