Temple Recommend Activation Issue

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
caj36

Temple Recommend Activation Issue

Post by caj36 »

Due to a call from the temple, I have just realized today that all of the temple recommends I have activated over the past 2 weeks (through MLS) have not been activated online. I have done a send/receive each time, and I know at least some data is syncing (I have received my quartly budget allotment, callings have been updated, etc), but the temple recommends don't seem to be updating on the church side.

I checked the Online Temple Entry System for the members at issue, and all of them showed their recommends as inactive, as if I nad never updated them in MLS. As a short term solution, I entered their recommend info online (so they have been entered twice - once in MLS, once online). Now, is shows in both places that the recommends have been activated.

My question: is anyone experiencing similar issues? I intent to call SLC next week about it, but thought I would check here first.

Any guidance is appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Our stake's recommends are working just fine through MLS -- activations done there show up as expected in the online system.

It may not mean a lot, but have you looked at the transmission status in MLS? Hit F9, or go to Help > Transmission Status (I don't remember off the top of my head if that's the exact term). Then do a Send/Receive after activating at least one recommend. You should see an entry that looks like temple recommend information. If you don't, that won't necessarily help you much, but it would be helpful information to pass on to the help desk.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

caj36 wrote:My question: is anyone experiencing similar issues? I intent to call SLC next week about it, but thought I would check here first.
Yes. We had a recent spike in the number of recommends not activated by the time the member gets to the temple. Follow up in MLS showed that every single one of them was showing as having activated, current temple recommends. Some were also showing as active in TES, but one was not. I called LUS but it was the first they had heard of it and knew of no issues. I did a send/receive in MLS, and then re-entered the missing one in TES. I have heard no additional complaints since.
caj36

Post by caj36 »

I contacted SLC yesterday. They indicated that there have been isolated reports of temple recommend activations through MLS not being properly communicated to the temples or the online recommend system. The person I spoke with thought a patch to MLS was in the works to address the issue, and recommended I activate the recommends in both places until the issue is resolved. A little extra work for me, but better than the hassle of the temple having to make phone calls to clear people at the desk.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

caj36 wrote:I contacted SLC yesterday. They indicated that there have been isolated reports of temple recommend activations through MLS not being properly communicated to the temples or the online recommend system. The person I spoke with thought a patch to MLS was in the works to address the issue, and recommended I activate the recommends in both places until the issue is resolved. A little extra work for me, but better than the hassle of the temple having to make phone calls to clear people at the desk.
Called Monday after encountering another issue and this time was given the same explanation as caj36 - a delay is occurring in updating the online system so activate online for now.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

I've once again encountered recommends very recently activated through MLS not showing activated when presented at the temple. Has anyone else seen this recently? I know a new MLS version came down recently and I'm wondering if this is related. This truly is not a good situation when a member shows up at the temple and has a problem with a recommend we KNOW we activated....
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

We experienced a related issue with one member of our ward. However, our Ward MLS showed his recommend was NOT activated though he had his stake interview about 2 weeks prior (he showed me his signed recommend to prove it). This was discovered when he attempted to order clothing - he is just getting back active in the church.

Our stake has always been outstanding at activating the recommends same-day after the interview so I just thought it was a busy night. I suspect it is related that if the Recommend activation does not "take" online, it won't show in the Member's home unit either so that would be an easy check before someone goes to the Temple (a 2-hr drive on the Turnpike for us).
ggllbb

Post by ggllbb »

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but, has the recommend book been marked as received in MLS in the ward that issued the recommends?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ggllbb wrote:I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but, has the recommend book been marked as received in MLS in the ward that issued the recommends?

That would cause a problem in activation, but someone should communicate that back to the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”