Could we get all the android apps onto blackberry playbook?

groovydudeyo

Could we get all the android apps onto blackberry playbook?

Post by groovydudeyo »

I'm not sure why this is taking so long :p you just submit the android application (that's right, no changes) to the blackberry playbook app store and voila! It's done! I would really love having gospel library on my playbook.
bpjack

Post by bpjack »

I agree. It would be nice to have the android apps on the playbook. With the new playbook OS 2.0, hopefully the developers are working on repackaging and porting them to blackberry app world. I am considering side loading them, but may wait a bit.
digbads

PlayBook version of Android app

Post by digbads »

I agree wholeheartedly that I want to see Gospel Library on the PlayBook. It has been submitted to their AppWorld.

The initial poster hit the nail mostly on the head:
"I'm not sure why this is taking so long :p" well, there's always reasons... little things like approvals.

"you just submit the android application" well, its submitted.

"(that's right, no changes)" other than pulling out all references to Android

"to the blackberry playbook app store and voila! It's done! " ok-- its submitted, its 'under review' so, hopefully soon!
melindambarlow

Post by melindambarlow »

Need this soon don't want to go to the ipad love my playbook.
bryanwilson

Post by bryanwilson »

This is encouraging that Gospel Library has been submitted. Do you whether the other Android apps (Mormon Channel, LDS Tools, LDS Youth, and Ensign) have been submitted as well?
JulieWTop

Post by JulieWTop »

Yes, thank you for updating us that the app has been submitted! It's been a long wait to have the Church apps available for the PlayBook.
wlanctot

Gospel Library

Post by wlanctot »

Just an FYI with the gospeal library....if you download the epubs of what you want (one at a time except for the standard works, sorry...) from the church website (for some reason the George Albert Smith manual did not download right off the epub page, but I got it from the page dedicated to that manual), then you can open them in a nice little app called Book Reader ($0.99 on AppWorld). It is not perfect, but it has been great to be able to access scriptures and manuals while at church. I am sure that I will want to switch to Gospel Library once they sort out all this stuff, but it works for now. I can't even find working links to sideload any lds apps except ldstools, so this seems to be my only option anyways.

(And I am far from tech savy, so anyone can do this.)
sckellis

Post by sckellis »

digbads wrote:I agree wholeheartedly that I want to see Gospel Library on the PlayBook. It has been submitted to their AppWorld.

The initial poster hit the nail mostly on the head:
"I'm not sure why this is taking so long :p" well, there's always reasons... little things like approvals.

"you just submit the android application" well, its submitted.

"(that's right, no changes)" other than pulling out all references to Android

"to the blackberry playbook app store and voila! It's done! " ok-- its submitted, its 'under review' so, hopefully soon!
Thank you for this update! Hopefully the approval doesn't take too long.

In the meantime, if anyone needs the APK->BAR files for sideloading, here they are:

The gospel library bar file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24683109/gl-2.1.4.5-RELEASE.bar

LDS Tools:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24683109/ldstools-1.1.0.5.bar
gregcoad

Post by gregcoad »

Those links give me APK files. No BAR files that I can see. Am I missing something??
sckellis

Post by sckellis »

gregcoad wrote:Those links give me APK files. No BAR files that I can see. Am I missing something??

That's strange. I'm not sure why the links would give you APK files. They are definitely BAR files as you can see from the extension.

Return to “Mobile Applications”