Ward email Broadcast

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
simonmudge

Ward email Broadcast

Post by simonmudge »

Is it possible to email all the ward members from LDS.org? If so how?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Yes. From Leader Resources certain leaders can do this. I do not know those besides the bishop who can do this but others may have access to this list. Currently there isn't a way for the ward membership at large to do this.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jnjnelson

Post by jnjnelson »

On the http://classic.lds.org site under "Stake and Ward Websites" there is an "Email Broadcast" functionality under "Administrator Options" that allows sending an email to everyone who is subscribed to any list ("E-mail All Ward Users"). However, I don't see anything similar under the new Tools options yet, and I am our Ward Website Administrator.

I don't use the "Email All Ward Users" function very often, but when I do, it is most useful and I have yet to receive any complaints for using that functionality for "official" ward business.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jnjnelson wrote:On the http://classic.lds.org site under "Stake and Ward Websites" there is an "Email Broadcast" functionality under "Administrator Options" that allows sending an email to everyone who is subscribed to any list ("E-mail All Ward Users"). However, I don't see anything similar under the new Tools options yet, and I am our Ward Website Administrator.

The Leader Resources area of lds.org is not available to ward website administrators; at the ward level it is only available to bishopric, executive secretary, and clerks. And as jdlessley mentioned, the available sending options also differ among those various callings.

Parts of the Classic stake and ward websites will be retired soon, but I don't know of any particular schedule for the retirement of the email options on the Classic site.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kingdomofheaven83

email

Post by kingdomofheaven83 »

It seems to me that the EQP should be able to email broadcast to the EQP and same for the Relief Society President. This handicaps the leaders of the ward beneath the bishopric and forces a member of the bishopric to email broadcast for the leader. I suggest changing this policy.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This is not a policy. It is a programming priority issue. The e-mail capabilities are still being developed. These capabilities will be added at a future date.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The messaging system is part of the leader portal. I don't know as it's been developed beyond supporting Bishoprics and Stake Presidencies.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nbarss

Post by nbarss »

Anyone know why there is no field to enter Bcc? I'm a stake clerk and we're using this system to send weekly email broadcasts to various leaders in the wards - so there are over 100 recipients. I'd love to Bcc them all and avoid the HUGE string of email addresses at the top of the message. It looks like the Bcc is intended to be an option because there is a place on the page design for it, but there is no text entry field so I can't use it....?
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

i haven't tested every possible scenario, but apparently the programmers in their wisdom automatically put all entries from the "leaders group" in the "recipients" field, while all from the "members group" go in the "bcc" field, but you can't manually change that. also i have noticed that if you try to include an email address not tied to a membership record, the system will give you an error message saying that the email could not be sent, however, it sends it anyway to all the other recipients. hopefully as the system matures more flexibility and control will be allowed at the local level (where it's NEEDED)...but that's just me hoping!
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

What is the latest on this issue? Any change to BCC? (cf. discussion Ward Website Admin - Email Broadcast Function).

Return to “Main Church Website”