Question about camera output in webcast software, Windows Media Player 11/ bandwidth

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
swidmann1

Question about camera output in webcast software, Windows Media Player 11/ bandwidth

Post by swidmann1 »

When configuring the 'camera output' within the webcast software what is the recommended resolution? The dialogue box offers multiple options and I'm not clear as to the 'best' option. I've been selecting 1280 x 762 (?). Also, when viewing the downstream in WMP11 should the video be close to that output dimension? It seems like it's much smaller and I'm required to go 'full screen' in WMP11.
Could you share what your experience has been?

Does anyone use something other than 30 fps?

We only have 420k available for the upstream.
edwardwhite442

lowest common denominator

Post by edwardwhite442 »

The lowest common denominator is the units receiving your broadcast. You need to be mindful of their connection speeds, and throttle down to suit. In my Stake, I'm streaming a very small window, to accommodate my slowest unit.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that Standard definition television is only about 640 x 480. Our new (replacement) projector I think is only 1024 x 768. Anything above the projector resolution is wasted bandwidth/CPU cycles.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”