Online Duty to God needed, just like Personal Progress for YW

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
davehilliard

Post by davehilliard »

Hi, I've noticed that there is not an online solution, other than a 3rd party one, for Duty to God. The Personal Progress solution is extremely efficient, helpful and empowers parents and youth, while church leaders can log in and follow progress... would love to see this for Duty to God as well, thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is an interactive Duty to God site just as there is an interactive Personal Progresssite. The first link starting from the lds.org home page is Serving in the Church > Aaronic Priesthood > Leader Resources/Duty to God. On the Duty to God page there is a large blue box at the top of the page with large letters that says "Use the interactive version of Duty to God Click here to get started".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

The issue with the online Duty to God site is there is no present way to track progress of YM in your quorum/ward. It is just for personal use. Having the ability to track similarly to the way the Personal Progress site provides tracking would be a great help to YM leaders in evaluating progress in the program. To date, I have seen no indication that tracking will be added to the Duty to God online manual.
ianl

Post by ianl »

Ditto this...does anyone know if there's a solution for tracking?

I know our YM leaders would love to be able to monitor progress, and certainly as a parent this would be a tremendous feature.
lewiswf1

Post by lewiswf1 »

Has there been any progress on this or is there more information in a similar thread? I'm the YM Sec and need to be able to track the boys progress and wondered if there were reports we can use.

Thanks,
Wayne
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lewiswf1 wrote:Has there been any progress on this or is there more information in a similar thread? I'm the YM Sec and need to be able to track the boys progress and wondered if there were reports we can use.

There are plenty of other threads:
But there isn't much in the way of tracking. You might in particular pay attention to this post.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

My Bishop was extolling the virtues of the YW program to the YM presidency and how they will be able to track progress of the Young Men. I had to interrupt his discussion to inform them that they cannot do this, yet. Based on the Last post linked above, it looks like there will not be tracking (at least anytime soon).

This will make my wife happy - she dislikes everything being online anyway - but makes it difficult for the leaders to watch how the youth are doing other than manually following up with them individually.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”