Android 3.0 development?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jallmitch

Android 3.0 development?

Post by jallmitch »

I couldn't find anything on the new Android 3.0. I know that it has just come out, but i was looking to see if development has started on it.
ryebrye

Post by ryebrye »

3.0 is tablet-centric and is only on the Xoom at the moment, so my assumption is that it's not really a top priority of volunteer contributors to the project right now.

Most contributors to opensource projects are doing things that they are personally invested in - so until a large number of volunteers buy Xooms or other 3.0 devices I don't think you will see a lot of attention paid to the 3.0 sdk. (I may be wrong - and I'm speaking only for myself... but I'm not going to spend my free time developing for a device in an emulator only... I'd rather spend my time tweaking things that I can directly use on my own devices)
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

We plan to start looking into issues we have in the 3.0 version of android in an emulator soon. If you have a device you could help us test on please contact me directly.

Asiel
jallmitch

XOOM equiped

Post by jallmitch »

BrumfieldAD wrote:We plan to start looking into issues we have in the 3.0 version of android in an emulator soon. If you have a device you could help us test on please contact me directly.

Asiel

Yes, I do have a xoom and would love not to only do testing but to also help in development. I am just finishing up my degree in computer science engineering and want to start developing for android specifically the tablets.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Have seen reports about the tablets and the Xoom and there was some press out there that that one was the first of a number of Android-based tablets to come out this year. Those Android 3.0 (although there are a few already out with Android 2.2.1 running on them) tablets will probably begin showing up on the market more towards the summer of this year.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

jallmitch wrote:Yes, I do have a xoom and would love not to only do testing but to also help in development. I am just finishing up my degree in computer science engineering and want to start developing for android specifically the tablets.

If you would like to contribute to developing LDS Tools or Gospel Library (which ever you are interested in), please fill out the talent profile (link at top of page) and request to contribute to LDS Tools for Android. Once that is done, we will get a note that you would like to contribute and we can get you started.
Jason Hyer
jallmitch

3.0 development

Post by jallmitch »

jasonhyer wrote:If you would like to contribute to developing LDS Tools or Gospel Library (which ever you are interested in), please fill out the talent profile (link at top of page) and request to contribute to LDS Tools for Android. Once that is done, we will get a note that you would like to contribute and we can get you started.

My profile shows that I have been added to that group... and I have access to the page that has the following directories

branch
tags
trunk

Jesse
mlnair

Testing for Android 3.0

Post by mlnair »

I'm no expert on programming but I would be happy to help test gospel library/lds tools on Android 3.0, I have a Motorola Xoom.
Mike
solidlikeplato

Post by solidlikeplato »

I, like mlnair also own a xoom, and would like to help test gospel library and/or lds tools on Android 3.0. I have no prior programming experience.
Ethan
rvgard

Gospel Library for Xoom

Post by rvgard »

solidlikeplato wrote:I, like mlnair also own a xoom, and would like to help test gospel library and/or lds tools on Android 3.0. I have no prior programming experience.
Ethan
Dying to have Gospel Library for Xoom...HELP!
Love it on my Droid X....

Return to “Android Gospel Library”