Solutions Manager position of End User Productivity and Mobile Devices in Riverton

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
BradGiles

Solutions Manager position of End User Productivity and Mobile Devices in Riverton

Post by BradGiles »

Purposes
Purpose
The Solutions Manager over Mobile Devices will be responsible for the development of mobility solutions and applications for Church employees, service missionaries, Area Authorities, and General Authorities to further our efficiency and productivity across languages, countries, and cultures.

Does this sound like you?
I love to manage people that collaborate to create mobile solutions across global operations.
I like to manage projects, solutions, and resources as an investment that produces results.
I am a thought leader with the vision for identifying future trends and the ability to move quickly to turn key insights and ideas into solutions that meet business needs.
I’m always thinking about how to make things better or easier to use, even when I am not at work.
I have a knack for how to make complex things simple, and how to create complex solutions that are simple to use.
I am thought of as being a top performer, but also teachable and reasonable.
I have a love for the Lord and His Church and want to build His kingdom in His way.
I am ready for the next challenge.
I have a desire to use my talents to increase and expedite the work of the Church through technology.

If this sounds like you, keep reading:

Job Summary:
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to lead a team responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of mobile technology solutions. A key focus is delivering and operating these mobile solutions for the Church globally. The Solution Manager approves solution architecture and manages all financial, technical and human resources supporting end-to-end IT solution life-cycle ownership.

Responsibilities
• Establishes a great customer relationships by: (1) identifying the correct stakeholders at all levels of the customer organization (2) meeting with stakeholders on a regular basis and, where appropriate, (3) becoming part of the customer’s senior management team/director’s council
• Influences the customer as a result of: (1) understanding customer needs (2) having strong relationships and (3) using knowledge of a technology, aligned with standard platforms, that better meets the customer need
• Understands customer direction and documents that direction via roadmaps that: (1) are aligned to technology roadmaps (2) have initiative-level detail (i.e. initiative approach document) and (3) can be understood by both ICS/technical teams and the customer
• Seeks to balance customer initiatives with Department and Division goals for the greater good
• Ensures technology plan budget, timeline and objectives are met
• Reviews resource allocations, initiative and operational metrics, and addresses issues
• Ensures IT risks (including security, privacy, compliance, business continuity, etc) are identified and appropriately managed.
• Interprets technology advances and solutions to customers in a manner that helps customers see the vision for technology in their organization
• Demonstrates leadership and creates a high performing workforce

Qualifications
• 5-10 years combined senior level management responsibility within a technology organization.
• Extensive experience in project, product, and technology management and proven ability to define, manage, and drive multiple projects through to completion.
• Must have demonstrated success building, deploying, and operating enterprise solutions. Must be able to manage full life-cycle solution delivery.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree. MS or MBA, a plus.
• Must have experience building and maintaining mid or executive-level relationships. Must interact with and advise product management, engineers, and directors on solving organizational needs with process improvements and/or IT solutions.
• International experience is a plus.
• Must have a strong technology background. Must be skilled at establishing vision and have the ability to translate that vision into business solutions.
• Must have strong IT product and operational experience, e.g. budgeting, resource management, and metrics.
• Must be able to work across the enterprise to identify opportunities for standardization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence others in a matrix environment.

Position-Specific Preferred Qualifications:
• Must have deep understanding and experience in mobility technical devices, phones, tablets, etc – Windows Mobility OS, Android, Apple Mobility products, Research In Motion.
• Must have a broad and sufficiently deep understanding of enterprise technologies including networking, messaging, desktop technologies, etc. and how to integrate these in a mobile environment.
• Must have familiarity with mobile content filtering, security of data, software compliance, and desktop virtualization.
• Must be able to monitor industry trends in mobility, identify opportunities for standardization, provide opportunities for users to get self-service and support, and balance cost with usability and availability.
• Collaboration with other product teams on standardization, inventory management, software compliance, and support.
• Prefer to have experience with vendor relations and pricing negotiations.
• Preferred to have a background in, or sufficient knowledge of, industry proven IT Management frameworks including ITIL.
• Preferred to have a background in managing development projects including varying types of development approaches including both waterfall and agile types.
• Preferred to have experience in dealing with centralized international deployments of enterprise IT solutions involving varying countries, cultures, and languages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brad Giles
Technical Recruiter, Information and Communication Services
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

bradgiles@ldschurch.org
office 801-240-0320
mobile 801-898-0228

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To learn more about the LDS Church, visit www.mormon.org
To learn about employment at the LDS Church, visit www.lds.org/jobs

Return to “Technical Recruiting”