fast offerings and welfare

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dubhdara

fast offerings and welfare

Post by dubhdara »

Could someone remind me of the source where instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures are set down for the use of fast offerings in wards (welfare)?

Thanks!
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

Start with Handbook 1 Section 5
dubhdara

Post by dubhdara »

Thanks - I have that, but I only have access to the online version and it seems missing some parts. Under 5.2.4, section "Fast Offerings", it lists 7 items the last of which says

7. When preparing a check for fast-offering assistance (or a payment approval form, where used), ensure that:

and then there is nothing after the colon (it goes to the next paragraph)! Can anyone let me know what it says in the physical book? Is this an error?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dubhdara wrote:Is this an error?
It appears to be an omission at the site. I have sent feedback. In the meantime, you will have to use the file copy of the handbook that is kept in the clerk's office. You will be there anyway when you prepare the check.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

Essentially, it's an auditing and conflict-of-interest requirement. You always need two signers (not surprising), and the signers can't be the one receiving the assistance or related to the one being assisted. If you want the exact wording, you'll need to read it for yourself. We've been asked not to quote it on this forum.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”