Printed member record on check stock

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
williamjackson

Printed member record on check stock

Post by williamjackson »

Through a foolish and unfortunate turn of events, I ended up accidentally printing a membership record and IOS on check stock (one check for the membership record, one for the IOS). When it came time to print the checks, I used the next available check stock, so there is a gap in the check numbers, and two numbers will never be used to write actual checks.

Do I need to do anything to report the two check numbers that will not be used for checks?

Note to self: don't write checks and prepare for tithing settlement at the same time.
kh_design

It has happened to all of us at one time.

Post by kh_design »

Cut the MICR printed account number from the bottom of the checks and file them in numerical sequence with your other expenses. Nothing you can do in MLS to report the two check numbers that will not be used.

It has happened to all of us at one time.
dnslynn

Post by dnslynn »

I think the signature lines need to be cut off as well...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dnslynn wrote:I think the signature lines need to be cut off as well...

The bottom line is that you should treat them as any other misprinted checks. They just don't happen to have misprinted financial check information on them, in this particular case, and they will not be listed in MLS.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”