new lds.org organization directory growing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kh_design

new lds.org organization directory growing

Post by kh_design »

kh_design wrote:Stake and Ward Web Sites’ Leadership Directory updated automatically from what is entered in the MLS organizations.

This has likely been requested many times.
Having the new lds.org leadership and organization directory update automatically from what is entered into the MLS organizations has been great.

Has anybody else noticed though the removed callings in your local unit MLS are not being removed from your new local unit's lds.org organization directory, the new callings are added to the organizations and the list keeps growing and the removed callings are not being removed. We notice this mostly in our Primary were we have four or five workers in each class where two or three had been released months ago, MLS is correctly updated and only showing those members current to the calling. Some members who show in the growing list of callings in the new lds.org organization directory do not even live in our Ward anymore and their membership records are no longer in our MLS database.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kh_design wrote:Has anybody else noticed though the removed callings in your local unit MLS are not being removed from your new local unit's lds.org organization directory, the new callings are added to the organizations and the list keeps growing and the removed callings are not being removed. We notice this mostly in our Primary were we have four or five workers in each class where two or three had been released months ago, MLS is correctly updated and only showing those members current to the calling.
Does this still happen? There was a bug in MLS several months (maybe a year ago) that didn't send the release info to CDOL. If it is still happening for recent releases I would like to figure that out.
kh_design wrote:Some members who show in the growing list of callings in the new lds.org organization directory do not even live in our Ward anymore and their membership records are no longer in our MLS database.
Are these people that moved recently? In trying to clean up some of the bug mentioned above we removed from CDOL callings for people that had moved out but still had callings. It was a one time thing, so if they have moved in the last month or two then that cleanup wouldn't have found them, but it should have found those that had moved before then.
kh_design

recent, and still happening new lds.org organization directory growing

Post by kh_design »

Yes, this is still happening for releases within the recent previous months, including those members that have moved recently from our Ward.

I just want make sure I am clear it is only an issue with the organization directory that is on our unit's newly released lds.org web site that is growing, the released members are not being removed from the website organization directory.

Our Ward unit's MLS is fine and has been maintained up-to-date each week with the released members being removed from the organization callings in MLS as new members have been called, sustained and entered into the organization callings in MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kh_design wrote:I just want make sure I am clear it is only an issue with the organization directory that is on our unit's newly released lds.org web site that is growing,
What about the CDOL? MLS syncs to CDOL which in turn syncs with the directory you're talking about. Checking the CDOL would tell us if the problem is between MLS and CDOL or CDOL and the directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kh_design

Ward"s CDOL organization directory also growing

Post by kh_design »

Yes, I just log into and checked our Ward's CDOL organization directory and found the Ward's CDOL has the same issue, the released members are not being removed from our CDOL organization directory. Seams to be a synchronizing problem between MLS and CDOL.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

We have this same issue, particularly with the Aaronic Priesthood quorum leadership. I went as far as completely removing the callings (entire line) from the Teacher's quorum and did a S/R. Logged into CDOL and Callings by Organization on lds.org/leaders and the most recent Teachers Quorum president was no longer listed, but the presidency prior is still listed. They are not listed as such in the local MLS, and I checked their individual records just to be safe.

Any suggestions? A call to support, perhaps?
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

We're having the same problem, too.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

hilohi wrote:We're having the same problem, too.

In CDOL, I clicked the feedback link and described the problem. CDOL support fixed the issue very quickly (within a couple of hours). Give it a try...
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

nmecantwin73 wrote:In CDOL, I clicked the feedback link and described the problem. CDOL support fixed the issue very quickly (within a couple of hours). Give it a try...

What's CDOL, and how do I access it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hilohi wrote:What's CDOL, and how do I access it?
You can read all about it on the wiki at Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders. You'll learn there the URL, and who has permissions to access it.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”