Ward Administration Issue - iPad

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bloomk-p40

Ward Administration Issue - iPad

Post by bloomk-p40 »

Hello, i am a ward administrator and a computer programmer myself so i know how simple this would be. The javascript to edit a reaccuring event does not work on an iPad. Since i edit this stuff at church outings/meetings it would help to be able toedit these from an ipad. If this is posted to the wrong place please let me know..
bloomk-p40

Post by bloomk-p40 »

in case i am not clear, it is the javascript that executes when you click "Make this a repeating event " on the edit calendar event page..
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do you know what it is that unique to iPad that prevents it from working?

For most people the issue is that they have a pop-up blocker that prevents the new window from opening.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bloomk-p40

Post by bloomk-p40 »

i looked at what the javascript is doing, i did notice that it refreshes the page on the ipad. Maybe a href="#" in the <a> tag is needed for compatablility? I mean do it like this instead: If this is easy to change maybe try it?

<ahref="#" onclick="javascript:RepeatButton_onclick('109207', '1')" class="featureslink"><b>Make this a repeating event </b></a>
bloomk-p40

Post by bloomk-p40 »

maybe even try this:

<a href="javascript:RepeatButton_onclick('109207', '1');return false;" class="featureslink"><b>Make this a repeating event </b></a>

the return false will keep it from refreshing the page, that i know.. i am just shooting in the dark cause i d not know the details of exactly how it works, i am just glansing at the source.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bloomk wrote:i am just shooting in the dark cause i d not know the details of exactly how it works
It triggers a pop-over screen where you set up the repeating event. Have you tried different security settings in you iPad?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bloomk-p40

Post by bloomk-p40 »

what security settings do you recommend? i do not think the ipad has many settings

Return to “General Discussions”