Survey Users?

Discussions around the Interactive Music Project. Visit /wiki/Interactive_Music_Project for more information.
KathrynGZ

Survey Users?

Post by KathrynGZ »

Team,

What would you think about surveying users of the current music site to get a better idea of how they use the site? I'm thinking of something brief, with questions like the following:
  1. Below is a list of features on the music site. Please indicate how often you use each one (possible options: at least weekly, monthly, about every 6 months, rarely):
    • Search for music
    • Browse alphabetical lists of music
    • Print/save sheet music
    • Print/save words only
    • Find music not in Hymns or The Children's Songbook
    • Listen to hymns using the interactive player
    • Use advanced features of the interactive player (e.g., change key, change tempo, listen to parts)
    • Download songs
    • Download sacrament meeting collections
    • All About Your System
    • Other (specify)__________________
  2. Why do you use the music site?
    • Prepare music for choir
    • Prepare for the yearly Children's Sacrament Meeting Program
    • Find music for a lesson
    • Learn more about a music calling
    • Learn more about Church music in general
    • Personal encouragement from songs
    • Other (specify)__________________
  3. Do you have any suggestions for improving the site?
Perhaps the survey could be linked on the home page of the current music site for a period of time.

Thoughts?
KathrynGZ

Post by KathrynGZ »

Since I can't tell if silence is consent or disagreement :) let me ask some different questions:

1) Is there any policy against such a survey?

2) Can a link to the survey be put on the music site home page?

3) Does the survey have to be hosted on church servers, or can it be on an external server?

4) If we can't do a formal, public survey linked from the home page, would it be okay for me personally to conduct a survey among friends and acquaintances via email?

Thanks!

Kathryn
emckirdy

Post by emckirdy »

To question #2 (why do you use this site), I would add these possible responses:

- To select hymns for sacrament meeting or other meetings

- To create transpositions of hymns and/or primary songs

Now that I think about it, from my point of view as a musician, the two questions are somewhat redundant. By answering questions of frequency (#1), I'm also answering why I go to the site. If I select answers in #2 that aren't represented in #1, wouldn't you want to know how often I'm doing those other things, too?

I think it would be more useful to have just one question on the survey with a long list of uses of the music site, and the ability to indicate a frequency of use next to each one. Maybe a text box at the bottom for respondents to add any other uses.

Return to “Interactive Music Project”